PDA

View Full Version : pre reg rant

tulip0803
04-04-2008, 08:09 PM
I now know why my registration is taking soooooooooooooo long:( . I was told that I would be minding by March and still had heard nothing. I rang CSSIW this week as DS turns 16 on 29th so will need a CRB check and if I am not registered before then I will then have to wait to be inspected until after his has come back. My inspector rang today and spoke to DH, very apologetic as they have just found his CRB form in my file!:angry: I sent the forms in months ago, didn't keep a note of the number to check progress as didn't know you could do this until I saw it on this website. They sent it off on Wednesday:angry: They have had my application and policies since before christmas.

I started all this last Oct and was a reg childminder in England. I have all the certificates needed so it was supposed to be straight forward registration. CSSIW are very thorough, you do not even get inspected until every reference etc is back and you have submitted your entire portfolio and policies. So now I am waiting again and have to tell the parents that have asked if I can look after their children that I still cannot tell them when I will be registered.

Sorry Rant over xx

Trouble
04-04-2008, 08:12 PM
can you not tell them you have parents waiting and loosing money

and that you was registered once:eek:

tulip0803
04-04-2008, 08:24 PM
can you not tell them you have parents waiting and loosing money

and that you was registered once:eek:

I put it all in a letter after phoning, as my inspector was on holiday at the beginning of the week. The CSSIW issue each childminder with a named inspector so you know who you are dealing with at all times. She is off again at the beginning of next week and will ring me back towards the end of next week :( . My DH has an enhanced CRB, less than a month old, as he is a school bus driver sometimes but it has to be their own CRB check. They know I have people waiting. Where I am working at the moment my funding is non-existant and they agreed to pay me until the end of April out of fund raising. They have just agreed another 6 months luckily. All the management committee know I am going but I have a feeling that someone is going to terminate the contract at the end of the month:( .

Frustrated of Wales!

Trouble
04-04-2008, 08:27 PM
just keep your fingers crossed and pester her as soon as she comes back

manjay
04-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Sounds familiar!!!! My registration took 12 months. My CRB was received back and filed away instead of being passed to my Inspector. If it wasn't for everyone on here I would have jacked it in and gone back to my very well paid job!!

amanda xx

chels55
04-04-2008, 09:34 PM
how annoying. I agree the CSSIW are very thorough, a employer reference had not come back and inspector would not visit until she recieved it, hopefully the CRB will come back soon but they might still visit as son is not quite 16 yet

angeldelight
04-04-2008, 09:35 PM
How annoying

Hope you get it sorted soon

Angel xx

miffy
05-04-2008, 06:45 AM
That is so frustrating - all I can say is keep phoning or writing and I hope you get it sorted soon

miffy xx

emmadines
05-04-2008, 12:16 PM
well im the same!! im still waiting! the police still have my crb and this is the 5th week. i know it can take upto 6 weeks but ive been crb'd many times before and its never taken this long.....................

even my o/h's crb came back last week and they were sent to them at the same day!!:censored: :censored:

im rarther rapidly loosing interest with this regestry bit! :angry:

Pudding Girl
05-04-2008, 12:31 PM
You have my sympathy

Care Commission work in the same way it seems, extremely thoroguh and will not pre reg inspect you until all your paperwork os back and okayed, which I think is better tbh - but mine took almost 12 months :/

There was a problem with an employer reference, as the person had left, no-one othered to chase it up, it was left to me, and even then, I got no word, so ended up having to pull another referee up out of thin air, which is hard as they have to be certain people argh!

I really hope it's sorted for you soon, I too lost out on a potential mindee, as she started work 4 months before I got sorted, and had found someone else in the end and understandably, wouldn't unsettle the child.

emmadines
05-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Ive had my pre reg!!! just waiting on my certifivate! both from the crb and ofsted! obviously ofsted wont comt till crb had been completed!!:angry:

its taking so long im starting to wonder if i have done anything!!! although i know i havent!!!!!