PDA

View Full Version : how do you find the time!

Donkey
04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
to do everything!

i am really out of shape when it comes to trying to work full time and then do the cleaning and washing after. I am trying to get into a routine now whereas I do the hoovering and dusting when LO has gone to sleep. I make df do the tea pots before he slumps for the night rather than leaving them for me the morning after. but the washing i try and get done during the day because there is sooo much of it! little tike that she is, rather good at pooing out of the side of her nappy. don't know how she does it as they are fixed on correctly. its like the nappy explodes lol

that will be the fruit and veg i am trying her on....

im pretty sure that once I get going I will need to do a lot more cleaning than I am doing now.

what do you do? How often do you do it?

please fill me in!

Trouble
04-04-2008, 08:08 PM
its very hard and thats all i can say

but some how you find the time

i havent got a little one of my own mine are 14 and 11 but if i did i dont know where i would fit it all in

i hoover everyday apart from fri and sat but i now polish every 3 days (used to do it everyday) and i do the rest when i have the energy and before i joined the forum

paperwork is fits and starts

just do the best you can and hubbys need to be involved too to make it easy for you:idea:

katickles
04-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm really lucky. Lo i mind (17mths) loves & i mean loves the washing machine. So mines constantly on!!!

I only have wooden floorboards so they are swept a few times a day really. In some rooms anyway!!:laughing:

I also have a dishwasher - THANK GOD - oh & i don't just mean the hubby!!:laughing:

Tily Bud
04-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I mop the kitchen and hoover the living room every day before the mindees arrive, then the rest is done as and when I find so long as you keep on top of it its ok , its just when you let it slip like at the weekends it takes longer to get it all clean and tidy again x

Trouble
04-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I mop the kitchen and hoover the living room every day before the mindees arrive, then the rest is done as and when I find so long as you keep on top of it its ok , its just when you let it slip like at the weekends it takes longer to get it all clean and tidy again x

that is so true about the weekends:eek:

Donkey
04-04-2008, 09:05 PM
i have laminate flooring everywhere and 2 cats as well, this means I will have to hoover and mop at least once a day I think.

need to get myself a new easymop i think

sarah707
04-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I get my children to help me quite a lot... but my 2 are a lot older. I think when they were young I was just permanently exhausted! :D

Lou
04-04-2008, 09:54 PM
If you have wooden/laminate flooring then get oneof those swifer things and just sweep it all to one side regularly throughout the day and then hoover up last thing!!!

Pipsqueak
04-04-2008, 10:02 PM
The worst bit is trying to fit in time to come on here and then once you do its not the minding that takes the time up and you neglect your housework its the forum addiction!!:D

Donkey
04-04-2008, 10:48 PM
pmsl, we have wireless up and running.....

must not take the laptop down stairs whilst minding, must not.....

although, if i get wireless printing on the go, daily diaries all printed out.
nice!

Minnie Minx
04-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't even want to think about how i'll cope lol, i haven't got any kids, there's just me and my two cats and my flat is constantly messy. My lounge tonight looks like a sewing/material bomb has been dropped :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

Twinkles
04-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Get a cleaner :D

Minnie Minx
04-04-2008, 10:55 PM

Hmmm wonder what my mum will be doing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

Pipsqueak
04-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Nutter here has just offered to help my friend out - she is pregnant with number 10 and has that burning shins condition at the moment.
I offered to do some of her (2wk) pile of ironing!!!! I have got a 2wk pile of ironing myself.....

Minnie Minx
04-04-2008, 10:58 PM
10 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

xxxx

Twinkles
04-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Nutter here has just offered to help my friend out - she is pregnant with number 10 and has that burning shins condition at the moment.
I offered to do some of her (2wk) pile of ironing!!!! I have got a 2wk pile of ironing myself.....

:eek: :eek: has she found out what's causing it yet ???

Pipsqueak
04-04-2008, 11:07 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg209/banana2672/To20funny-1.gif

They don't have a tv!!!

or did you mean the shins???;)

Twinkles
04-04-2008, 11:10 PM
No , I meant the babies!!

Minnie Minx
04-04-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm still getting over the fact that you offered to do 2 weeks worth of ironing, it's the worse bit of housework there is :eek: :eek:

xxx

Pipsqueak
04-04-2008, 11:12 PM
No I like ironing - its got to be only bit of housework I like. Is that strange?

Minnie Minx
04-04-2008, 11:14 PM
erm yes i think so lol. I hate it, in fact i had a pile on my dresser for over a month :blush: and if it doesn't looked too creased then it won't get ironed :D :D

xx

Twinkles
04-04-2008, 11:14 PM
No I like ironing - its got to be only bit of housework I like. Is that strange?

No no not at all..................

*weirdo*

Minnie Minx
04-04-2008, 11:15 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
04-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I find it quite relaxing and good therapy! Ok ok yes I know I am a wierdo, I get a sigh of satisfaction from it. I am not fussy about it and I certainly don't do tea towels or bedding (unless its really badly crumpled) and I don't iron things unless it really needs it - if it can be shook out then thats fine.

My kids age 10 and 7 like ironing too!! Its only recently that hubs has actually figured out the iron but its so painful watching him progress sooooooo slowly that I relieved him of (my) iron!

Twinkles
04-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Just teasing Pipsqueak. I know someone who irons socks and TOWELS.
They look nicer in the cupboard doncha know.

Pipsqueak
04-04-2008, 11:26 PM
I know you are teasing Twinks - and I know liking the ironing is defo wierdy

So you know my sister?????/:laughing:

Donkey
05-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I refuse to iron, point blank will not do it!
Other half soon learned that if he wanted shirts for work he had to do them himself...

I'll bake, cook, wash, hang the mountains out to dry, bring it in, hoover, dust, clean the toilet (what is it with men and not cleaning it???!?!?)
I don't do - ironing (unless we are going on holiday :laughing:) the litter trays, taking the bin out. :clapping:

wendywu
05-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Im the same Joy i dont iron for DH he pays my mum to do it:rolleyes: She does it much better than me any way.:laughing: Most things i tumble dry and shake out.

Twinkles i know who you are talking about ironing socks and tea towels. You never know who is watching:eek:

Well i am here in the first class lounge at T5, and just found the free computers. All food and drink and magazines free. This is the life DH is drinking champers. DD says she could stay here for ever, she is on the computer next to me. Due for a up grade. Dirty nappies, snot and dribble seem a life time away now. See you all in two weeks. LA here i come :clapping:

Donkey
05-04-2008, 07:29 AM
lol wendy, your about to fly out for holiday and your sat in the airport on the web talking to us!!!

now thats what I call an adiction :clapping:

wendywu
05-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Yer DH said im sad:panic:

crazybones
05-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Im the same Joy i dont iron for DH he pays my mum to do it:rolleyes: She does it much better than me any way.:laughing: Most things i tumble dry and shake out.

Twinkles i know who you are talking about ironing socks and tea towels. You never know who is watching:eek:

Well i am here in the first class lounge at T5, and just found the free computers. All food and drink and magazines free. This is the life DH is drinking champers. DD says she could stay here for ever, she is on the computer next to me. Due for a up grade. Dirty nappies, snot and dribble seem a life time away now. See you all in two weeks. LA here i come :clapping:

:laughing: I cant believe you. :laughing: Have a fantastic time.

Pipsqueak
05-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Are you lot called me weird!!!!! In terminal 5 yapping to us!!!!

Have a fab holiday Wendyxxx

Twinkles
05-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Have a brill time hun. See you when you get back.XX

littletreasures
05-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I make my kids help out. They will empty and fill the dishwasher.

I must confess I also have a cleaner come in once a fortnight to give the bathrooms and good going over and to polish in the lounge and dining room and clean the kitchen. That way I know if I don't have time to give them a thorough clean it will get done at least every two weeks!!

littletreasures

Alibali
05-04-2008, 09:43 AM

That's what I've done, she comes in and has the place sparklind and in between times it's flash wipes and the swiffer!!! 8.25 an hour, got to be worth it.

Ali xx

Pipsqueak
05-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I couldn;t have a cleaner - I would be running around before she (or he) came cleaning up the house! I couldn't let them see the slob that I really am now could I!:laughing:

LittleAcorns
05-04-2008, 11:03 AM

I have seriously concidered this!!!

I work 50 hours a week then about another 2 hours a day doing paper work, planning, cleaning, ironing.....oh and making sure I have enough time for hubby and kids

I honestly thought about getting a gardener, just once a month and a cleaner once a week!!!!!

LittleAcorns
05-04-2008, 11:06 AM

Im with you on this one, as I usually have a glass of wine on the go, and insist on having the tv to myself so just watch chic flicks, holby, casualty, jeremy kyle :laughing:

LittleAcorns
05-04-2008, 11:10 AM
I couldn;t have a cleaner - I would be running around before she (or he) came cleaning up the house! I couldn't let them see the slob that I really am now could I!:laughing:

If I did I would ban them from my room and the bathroom though oh and downstairs loo, erm think I'll do it myself:eek:

Trouble
05-04-2008, 11:35 AM
i have a man theat does my grass once a fortnight
so on a nice night i just go outside and bbq not think oh god the grass needs cutting:clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
05-04-2008, 12:08 PM
I have a man who supposed to do various outside jobs - hubby!:D

Donkey
05-04-2008, 04:20 PM
yeah I have one of those too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
he has a whole world of work waiting for him, he aint got a clue what I have planned for the garden he will go spare!:jump for joy:

Monkey1
05-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Can you write off what you pay a cleaner off your tax?:D

Donkey
05-04-2008, 06:24 PM
lol

try phoning the tax office and ask, though on the flip side they might be then classed as an employee and then you would have to pay there ni contributions.
unless they are self employed.
i would try to play the 'my home needs to be a certain clean standard to ensure the safety and well being of my minded children'
i bet nurseries have cleaners

Heaven Scent
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Tricky if cleaner doesn't pay tax. But I'm sure there would be a way around it as we don'ty need a receipt for anything under £10.00. but what could you call it?

Donkey
05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
cleaning expenses :D

sarahcoutts21
05-04-2008, 11:04 PM
when we have breakfast snack or lunch and tea i do dishes straight away that the way i have always done it even before my childminding! after the day is over i hoover and put away toys!! daily i clean my bathroom sink and toliet!! usually finish at 7:00 and my last child leaves at 6pm thank god for sky + lol i miss hollyoaks lol and i go the gym on wed and fri so my treat at 9 is a shower hollyoaks and a good cup of coffee

on a saturday morning (7am) washing gets done (dont do it in the week) i clean kitchen down from cupboards to floor i then mop the floor! i clea sofa with wipes and polish then hoover every 3 weeks i clean wondows! i clean the hall down and update notice boards menu plans etc etc! i then hoover the stairs and then clean my bathroom. my bedroom i dont bother with too much its tidy and clean and get hoovered and dusted thats it!! because i leave the cleaning thoroughly to once a week it gives me time to myself and washing for us is not a lot as its just me and hubby at the mo and it must work cos i never fall behind with washing

on a sunday afternoon usually when eastenders is on i do my books and weekly plans and that way catching up with my soap and doing my books!!

i know i have no life but if i didnt do it that way it would be a mess and it doesnt take that long now as i have been doing it for a while so i just get on with it with my CD playing im all the way!! i also have a cleaning rota to sign after saturday to say i have cleaned down my whole house

Trouble
05-04-2008, 11:06 PM
wow:eek: :eek:

Donkey
05-04-2008, 11:33 PM
oh...my........god..............

i am in big trouble!!
lol

were getting there with the whole cleaning at night routine, but no where near as much as that!!!

Twinkles
05-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Nah ! life's too short for housework http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/chores009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/chores007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Trouble
05-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Nah ! life's too short for housework http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/chores009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/chores007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

love your pics thats me:laughing: :laughing:

manjay
06-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I think that's fab Sarah!!! I have good intentions but my three children have other ideas:panic:

amanda xx

Rubybubbles
06-04-2008, 02:57 PM

I agree:clapping: (or just can't get motavited)

£7 per hour for a cleanere here, does my friends takes 2 hours so £15 per week, over 4 weeks £60 no way far to much money for someone to see the state of my upstairs:laughing:

Pipsqueak
06-04-2008, 03:45 PM

I will second that - a girl after my own train of thought!

I don't want my headstone to read - her house was immaculate!

Sarah - well done you:clapping: thats very disciplined (actually I sort of have a schedule similar to that but minus the windows! I generally wait until the weather looks really misty and foggy all the time and then give them a wipe lol)

Heaven Scent
06-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Crikey - you all put me to shame I have a cleaner who comes in 5 mornings per week £5.00 per hour who does all my Ironing and cleaning-and my place still looks like a bomb has gone off in it!!!!!!!!

My two and my DH are soooooooo darn lazy they cant even put away their dishes after a meal not can they put their clothes away. I do mind for 62 hours a week though 5 full days and fri and sat evening till 10.00 so I have some excuse.

J my cleaner is also doing her NVQ level 2 and using me as a placement so will have to put in some extra hours here so that is why she is soooooo cheap its a back scratching game I help her with assignments and witness statements and help her plan activities to cover her PC's for assessor Obs and she does cleaning cheaper than normal rate. - its a God send as its brilliant company too.

sarahcoutts21
07-04-2008, 10:05 AM
it just seems to be a routine now and it helps me have time in the week and i like cleaning lol sad but i do if im going out or anything lie that hubby will help so its fine!! i used to work in a nursery and it was there that everything got cleaned using rotas etc so i just took it on here if i didnt do it my house would be a bomb site im afraid i mean its not spotless but i know its safe and clean and that enough for me i dont have kids of my own only been married for almost a year but i excpect i will do that less when i do have children of my own!

LittleMissSparkles
07-04-2008, 10:09 AM
easy answer to your question is i dont ...... i am always playing catch up with everything, paper work , house work etc etc etc xxx

Gherkin
08-04-2008, 07:40 AM
easy answer to your question is i dont ...... i am always playing catch up with everything, paper work , house work etc etc etc xxx

I so know that feeling.......:panic:

I try to ensure the washing up is done after every meal (so need a dishwasher but have no space for one in the kitchen) but generally wake up to last nights dinner things in my sink in the morning. Toys tidied away about 3 times a day (seriously this is no joke). Big clean on a saturday, quick cleans through the week. Floor swept every night and quick mopped if needs it. Hovering once a week all over and high traffic areas when needed lounge vacuumed about 4-7 times a week which could be why my rug is losing bits.
Husband does washing and ironing (except for last sunday when I did it all as he worked all weekend).
Paperwork!!!!! Well I am 7 weeks behind with my accounts:censored:

venus89
08-04-2008, 07:51 AM
You've all made me feel so much better about my house now!!!
I try, I honestly do, but what ith the kids and the cats and most of all the husband, it's never clean and tidy for long......

ajs
08-04-2008, 08:06 AM
my cleaner left me 2 weeks ago
stating the house was too messy for her:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

anyway so last weekend startign friday night i did every room except the kids (i'd need a skip and man in white coat to disinfect before i go in to their rooms.) from top to bottom but unfortunately nothing looks clean now so what a waste of time that was.
i also ironed for about 5 hours but did NO paperwork
so like susan i am constantly playing catch up with everything

gardening who has time for that the weeds now outnumber the plants in size too.

oh my son did mow the lawn for us on saturday not very well but at least it's shorter now

Pipsqueak
08-04-2008, 08:10 AM
my cleaner left me 2 weeks ago
stating the house was too messy for her:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: That is what I am sure a cleaner would say about me!!

I like to think of my house as "lived in":D

venus89
09-04-2008, 12:24 PM
You've got to laugh that everyone reckons that these cleaners chrge very reasonable rates and we're luck if we get half that! Time for a change of career......

(Mind you, I guess they can only clean one house at a time....)

Has anybody considered getting their mindees to help them clean other peoples houses?!!