PDA

View Full Version : MY hard work........what would you do?

maryp0ppins
01-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I wrote a thread before about 18 month old leaving due to my work hours/days changing.

I have done a learning journey for her (although not a huge amount as lo was hardly with me)

Should i send what I've done to the new minder.....(I know this other minder & she has openly told me she cant be ar5ed with all the paperwork side of it & if the parents want loads of waisted time on paper work on their lo's then they should go to a nursery):(

I'm quite proud of the work/wow moments/next step which I've achieved with lo & don't just want my work binned or pushed to the side.

I suppose it's out of my hands now!!

Straws
01-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I would give it to the parents and let them pass it on if they want to.

Straws xx

bexcee
01-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I agree, give it to the parents, bet they will love it and then they can choose if they want to keep it or pass it on to the new minder.

Mouse
01-09-2010, 10:37 AM
I give the LJ to the parents & they pass it on if they want to.

I also do a transfer sheet that I give to them, addressed to the new carer (nursery/childminder/school) and ask them to pass it on. If I know the new place the child is going to, I will give the transfer sheet straight to them.

em29
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Oh what a coincidence! I have started a thread where the other minder HAS sent me all his stuff and I was questioning whether to take it or just start a fresh! I understand it is your hard work and I wouldn't want someone else to just chuck it away or belittle it! One of my mindees is moving and going to a nursery. I have told the parents that I would forward the LJ on once Ofsted have looked because I have worked hard on it and want ofsted to see it. They seemed very happy with that.
So in answer to your question - I would give it to the parents to 'show' the nursery and then advise them to keep it for themselves. If it were my child I would like to keep the LJ for myself. HTH x

maryp0ppins
01-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks guy's I think I may ask if I can keep It to show ofsted, but tell them they can show new minder what we've been doing & how far we've come but ask for it back for my inspection!!!

;)