PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Milk delivery service

Pauline
01-09-2010, 06:36 AM
I have invited Michelle from Scotts Milk delivery to come and talk to you about their service.

They feel that some members comments have incorrect information and I welcome them here to discuss with you the rules and regulations of claiming milk, how their service works and your responsibility in making a claim.

loocyloo
01-09-2010, 07:36 AM
thank you. i spoke to someone from scotts on the phone the other day and told her what children i had and what milk i had worked out i was due, she worked out what milk i was due and it was rounded up a bit, due to the size of bottles the milk comes in!

i have the following;
monday 2 under 5's all day (2 units milk)
tuesday 2 under 5's all day, 1 under 5 morning only (3 units milk)
wed 2 under 5's morning only (2 units milk)
thursday 1 under 5 all day, 1 under 5 morning only (2 units milk)

so i make that a total of 9 'units' of milk ... so 1.7 litres a week?

hope amounts can be clarified.

singlewiththree
01-09-2010, 07:40 AM
I hope Michelle comes.

I changed from Scotts, unfortunately they have no control over the delivery aspect as I had milk sent to the wrong house several times and I'm not a difficult house to find. I also had times when I got none and times when I got double.

TammyN
01-09-2010, 08:08 AM
i will be interested to see what she says, my milk came at 5 yesterday :panic: and like others have varied amounts, days and times im beginning to think i will change!

mummyof3
01-09-2010, 08:24 AM
I haven't claimed ANY of the milk allowance with the 3 children I have all week but I am thinking about making a claim as I am going through so much milk a week!! I would be really interested in hearing more about the service. :)

funfunfun
01-09-2010, 08:32 AM
My is delivered by scotts ..........no milk yesterday

and when i do get it its 5pm :(

snufflepuff
01-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Well i was meant to start getting milk 2 weeks ago and have still received none! Need to find a quiet 5 minutes to ring and see whats happening.

hollyoaksmad
01-09-2010, 08:40 AM
hi i have received a letter for this and im unsure what you have to do .. is it all free milk do i have to pay for anything as on the back there asking for bank detailx

Michelle Scott
01-09-2010, 10:13 AM

one child = 0.3 (pints, for one session) x 2 (sessions per day) = 0.6 pints per day per child - cartons to the exact amount of 189ml are available - we can only however deliver up to the amount that the childcare provider is registered for on the OFSTED Certificate.

For example:

Should Maria B Marlow be registered for 3 children, monday to friday this would entitle Maria to 9 pints per week

3 Children @ 0.3 pints x 3 = 0.9 x 2 = 1.8 pints per day x 5 = 9 pints allowance for the week

Because we do not deliver every day we would work that out for example:

monday and tuesday together would be 1.8 x 2 = 3.6 pints but because we are unable to deliver 3.6 pints we would deliver 4 pints.

I hope this clarifys the problem, should you need any more assistance please do contact the office.

Many thanks

thank you. i spoke to someone from scotts on the phone the other day and told her what children i had and what milk i had worked out i was due, she worked out what milk i was due and it was rounded up a bit, due to the size of bottles the milk comes in!

i have the following;

so i make that a total of 9 'units' of milk ... so 1.7 litres a week?

hope amounts can be clarified.

Michelle Scott
01-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Hello,

I can confirm that the milk is free, the bank details on the form are Scotts bank details as this is the form that the NMRU will receive to pay us for the delivering of the free milk to yourself.
Any further problems please do call the office.

Many thanks

hi i have received a letter for this and im unsure what you have to do .. is it all free milk do i have to pay for anything as on the back there asking for bank detailx

Michelle Scott
01-09-2010, 10:17 AM
I am sorry that you have had that problem if you email your name and postcode with your telephone number someone from the office will call to get this corrected.

Many thanks

Well i was meant to start getting milk 2 weeks ago and have still received none! Need to find a quiet 5 minutes to ring and see whats happening.

Michelle Scott
01-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I am sorry that your milk was so late yesterday, but due to it being the bank holiday and trying our very best to make sure that no one was left out we had to do some deliveries later on in the day. We do try our best over the busy periods and we do hope that our customers try and bare with us as we try to get the double day delivery out to them.

Should you have any queries please do contact the office.

Kind regards

My is delivered by scotts ..........no milk yesterday

and when i do get it its 5pm :(

Michelle Scott
01-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Hello,

If you call tel: 01400 283600 and ask for Paul he will be able to go through the process with you.

Many thanks

I haven't claimed ANY of the milk allowance with the 3 children I have all week but I am thinking about making a claim as I am going through so much milk a week!! I would be really interested in hearing more about the service. :)

Michelle Scott
01-09-2010, 10:29 AM
I am sorry that your milk is not of a consistent time but this week due to the bank holiday we have had to deal with making sure that monday customers also got their milk allowance and this has had a knock on effect to the other days. I can understand that varied times is difficult for you to regulate but if you do call the office it can be discussed and hopefully ironed out.

We are however unable to do a time call, when the initial call of the delivery day is received we confirm the day of delivery but we do not give a time.

Though please do give us a call and we can hopefully sort this for you.

Many thanks

i will be interested to see what she says, my milk came at 5 yesterday :panic: and like others have varied amounts, days and times im beginning to think i will change!

Michelle Scott
01-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I am sorry that you had problems with our deliveries in the past.

We have done considerable work on this and from the over 2000 customers that we know have, we know most are happy, sadly we do sometimes hit problems but we are trying our best as a continually growing company to try and make sure problems dont happen again.

Many thanks

I hope Michelle comes.

I changed from Scotts, unfortunately they have no control over the delivery aspect as I had milk sent to the wrong house several times and I'm not a difficult house to find. I also had times when I got none and times when I got double.

hollyoaksmad
01-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Thank u michelle :)

Mouse
01-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Hello Michelle

I have been quite vocal in my concerns about schemes run by agents & am please to see you here to hopefully put my mind at rest.

My concerns are:

1) if a child attends for a full day, you send 2/3 pint of milk. NMRU seems quite clear that children are only entitled to 1/3 pint per day. How are you able to send 2/3?

2) you send milk according to the maximum number of children stated on the registration certificate. This doesn't take into account the fact that a childminder might not have this full number of children every day. Eg. a cm is registered to have 6 children under 5. She gets 2/3 pint per day (as you count each child as being there for 2 sessions) for 6 children, for 5 days a week. That's 20 pints a week.
She never actually has 6 children. She normally only has 3, but the option is there for more should she need it.
She also only works 4 days a week, so shouldn't have any milk for one day.

This is taken from a cm I know. She should really get about 5 pints a week. How can she be receiving 20?

3) childminders who I know use an agent are often not aware that they are responsible for their claim (as stated by NMRU). How do you make it clear to them that should their claim be investigated, they will need to show evidence of the children they have actually had in their care?

snufflepuff
01-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks so much for replying Michelle, very kind of you.

karen m
01-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Cancelled mine yesterday due to none deliverly again,mine seemed to get delivered correctly every other week,was told yesterday someone would call today to confirm cancellation still waiting:angry:

TammyN
02-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I am sorry that your milk is not of a consistent time but this week due to the bank holiday we have had to deal with making sure that monday customers also got their milk allowance and this has had a knock on effect to the other days. I can understand that varied times is difficult for you to regulate but if you do call the office it can be discussed and hopefully ironed out.

We are however unable to do a time call, when the initial call of the delivery day is received we confirm the day of delivery but we do not give a time.

Though please do give us a call and we can hopefully sort this for you.

Many thanks

unfortunately Michelle this is not the first week, i have had a nitemare over the summer hols with orders being both late and varied days? i would like to now find out how you can offer 2/3 milk for full day mindee's if it states 1/3 per day. i was unaware of this before and don't want to be claiming more than i should.
look forward to your response or like Karen i too will be cancelling my delivery.

mushpea
02-09-2010, 05:36 PM
After talking to a really pushy bloke on the phone who wanted me to claim my full allowance even tho i dont offer 2 sesseions and dont have my full amount of children i am going to cancel and go with cool milk,, the lady sounded really nice on the phone and we even get a cup each for the kids with a 189ml measure on it.

beccas
04-09-2010, 05:02 PM
i have to say i have been having my milk deleivered by scotts since april this year and had no problems, so i am very pleased.:clapping:

sarahlorraine73
05-09-2010, 08:33 AM
I have only just started claiming my milk and have gone with Scotts. Would be interesting to see the reply from Michelle to Mouse's questions.
My hours change every week, some children are here for three days this week but next week mum might only have one day to work, so do I have to phone Scotts every week with my requirements or leave it as an average?

Mouse
14-09-2010, 01:20 PM
What a shame Michelle didn't come back :(

singlewiththree
14-09-2010, 01:29 PM
After talking to a really pushy bloke on the phone who wanted me to claim my full allowance even tho i dont offer 2 sesseions and dont have my full amount of children i am going to cancel and go with cool milk,, the lady sounded really nice on the phone and we even get a cup each for the kids with a 189ml measure on it.

I'm with coolmilk and got free milk cups and NEVER had a problem with delivery since :)

tinkerbelle
14-09-2010, 01:42 PM
iv been with scotts for a while but cancelled on friday due to having no milke delivered then only getting baby milke once a month or not at all then out of date milk or not enough it got to the point were i was ringing everyweek to sort it out and i still got my delivery yesterday with the wrong milk

loocyloo
14-09-2010, 04:41 PM
What a shame Michelle didn't come back :(

i was thinking the same.

Mykidsrock
14-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Ive only been with Scotts milk a couple of weeks (3 now I think) and on week 1 - all was fine, week 2 no milk and I change my order to 4 pints of whole milk a week (not 6 as entitled to as not using it) and now on week 3 - I got 10 individual semi skimmed little milks for a child (the type you put a straw in) and also 1 pint of whole milk!! Also came at 1700!! Not bad when my working day is 0700 - 1730!!

I did complain last week to ask why I had not got my milk and was told it was because the driver had gone over his hours - well erm tough to be honest! You give the driver enough deliveries to not go over his hours and have enough drivers to meet demand. It is not acceptable to just not deliver the milk (something that the kids are entitled to) and not even have the decency to give you a quick call so you can pop to the shop to get the milk!!

Was so much easier when I filled paperwork quarterly with NMRU!!

Think there will be ANOTHER angry call to Scotts tomorrow!

I only have 2 mindees a day at present and they cannot drink all the milk that was delivered today before it goes off - TOMORROW!

ARRGGGHHH - rant over - apologies xx

snufflepuff
14-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, i am meant to get 3 pints on a Wednesday and 3 on a Friday (yes, Friday, strange day to have it delivered when you don't work weekends)....week 1, no milk, emailed to see what was going on as told to do so by Michelle on here. Week 2, 3 pints on Wednesday, nothing on Friday. Week 3, 6 pints on Monday, waiting to see what happens the rest of the week. Deliveries have been in the morning at least!

Helcatt
14-09-2010, 07:58 PM
This is making interesting reading. I had them phone me up a few weeks ago and then they sent me out the form to fill in.

It didn't, to me, make it all that clear as to why there were bank details etc on the form and I didn't know about the fact that we can be investigated to make sure the correct amount was claimed for

I am registered for 2 under 5s every day but don't currently have that and the woman who advised me on how to fill in the form (not from Scotts) told me not to worry that I might not have all the vacancies filled when claiming - which I thought sounded wrong and this does seem to clarify

I did post it back last week, will see if I hear anything from them soon

HX

Lick'le Oakes
14-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I got my milk delivered tonight...yes tonight, at 10.10pm:eek:

Pauline
15-09-2010, 06:31 AM
This thread is specifically for questions direct to Michelle Scott because she asked for the chance to speak to you.

She has not been back to do that so I suggest if you have any concerns with your order, the company or delivery you deal with them direct not through this forum.

This thread will be closed now but will be opened again if she wishes to come back to answer any of the above questions.