PDA

View Full Version : OMG - what a nightmare!!!

mum2two
04-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, afterschool today I sent DD (who's 6), and her friend who I mind (same age) upstairs to her room to watch a film, play ds etc, whilst I had the younger ones outside. Thought this would keep everyone happy - which it did.

Until, her friend had gone, & my friend called me. I walked upstairs to my room to discover my mycrogynom pill packet in a different place on my side table, with Sat & Sunday ones missing!!! :eek:

I ran downstairs & confronted dd who said it was her friend. Did not believe this, as didn't think her friend would do that. Wouldn't ever have put dd doing it, but thought she's a bit of a show off in her own house - so maybe...?

Anyway, friends mum knocked back on the door & dh answered whist I was questioning dd, and asked what they'd done. So I told her just in case...

She went & asked her daughter who said my dd had taken one, and the other was behind the drawers. DD still wouldn't admit it!

Eventually she did admit to taking one, and we found the other one. So I've text the mum to tell her her dd didn't take one!

How awful though! I just wish my dd would have told me the truth first, then I wouldn't have had to mention it to mum. Really worried what she thinks of me now.

They all know they're not allowed in our room - or upstairs without being told they can. The annoying thing too is there is a hook & eye to stop them going on that wasn't on today for some reason!!! WHY! Kids are definitely sent to test us - and annoy us!

Hopefully it won't start my 6 yr old off on her periods now! ;)

Kelly x

LittleMissSparkles
04-04-2008, 07:12 PM
oooops .... something to learn from for next time, hope mum is ok and not funny with you xxx

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:13 PM
im sorry to here about this

we have the hook and eye catches on every door right at the top and only tall people can reach them

well worth a visit to the diy shop for them:idea:

Pipsqueak
04-04-2008, 07:16 PM
I would document this for everyones safety and protection (a separate sheet in your journal) and I would also write down on the paper how you could avoid this in the future.

Its a live and learn situation.

I would go over house rules again with all the children.

did you find the missing pill?

Explain to the children that they do not touch tablets and if they find any they must give them to you - explain that they could be dangerous/harmful.

Thank goodness that everyone is ok thoughxxxxx

katickles
04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
oh the little tinker!!!

Don't beat yourself up - its done now. I hope your friend isn't funny with you though that could be awkward. :)

mum2two
04-04-2008, 07:20 PM
DD knows not to take things. Haven't a clue why she did - except like I said for the fact of showing off...

She took one, and I found the other, so at least I know it wasn't anyone elses kids that took it!

Just don't know why the hook & eye wasn't locked on our door today! Arrrggghhhh - I'm so peed off with myself!

Mum was ok with me, She said 'Well they shouldn't have been in your room anyway!' Medication is NEVER left out, but my pills I have to have next to my bed or I forget to take them. I'm useless at remembering if it's not the first thing I see when I wake up. I put it off!

Kelly x

crazybones
04-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Thats scary. Must admit I have hook and eyes on the doors too but not covered for mindees to go upstairs. Would only be my own sons and they are scared of my bedroom :laughing: They have got a thing about bra's at the moment. Dont ask :rolleyes:

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:22 PM
DD knows not to take things. Haven't a clue why she did - except like I said for the fact of showing off...

She took one, and I found the other, so at least I know it wasn't anyone elses kids that took it!

Just don't know why the hook & eye wasn't locked on our door today! Arrrggghhhh - I'm so peed off with myself!

Mum was ok with me, She said 'Well they shouldn't have been in your room anyway!' Medication is NEVER left out, but my pills I have to have next to my bed or I forget to take them. I'm useless at remembering if it's not the first thing I see when I wake up. I put it off!

Kelly x

keep them by your bed:eek:

just put it down to a mishape and explain to your daughter the importance of not putting anything in her mouth she shouldnt

big hugs to you

mum2two
04-04-2008, 07:26 PM
keep them by your bed:eek:

Just out of interest them, where does everyone else keep them? The mum mentioned said she has hers by her toothbrush? So still where kids could get them...

Kelly x

crazybones
04-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Just out of interest them, where does everyone else keep them? The mum mentioned said she has hers by her toothbrush? So still where kids could get them...

Kelly x

Being a good catholic girl I use abstinence.:ROFL1:

Pipsqueak
04-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Get the hubby to have a vascetomy!!!! No more pills!!!!:D :D

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:29 PM
i have been sterilised but i had the coil before that

i think i just put them on the windowsill but it was before kids

you could put them in your knicker draw as you have fresh ones everyday so you would see them:laughing:

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:30 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mum2two
NO!! Because eventually I do want another - and preferably with hubby!!! :laughing:

Kelly x

chels55
KIDS!! a few years back when my son was younger he was playing in his bedroom with my neighbours boy ( same age) when mum called to collect her son they came running downstairs with my tampax attached to their hair, how embarrased was i, i wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. They just said they found them in the bathroom and thought they looked like little mice.
Now they are stroppy teenagers and i can embarrase them with the stories of what they used to get up to

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:32 PM
KIDS!! a few years back when my son was younger he was playing in his bedroom with my neighbours boy ( same age) when mum called to collect her son they came running downstairs with my tampax attached to their hair, how embarrased was i, i wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. They just said they found them in the bathroom and thought they looked like little mice.
Now they are stroppy teenagers and i can embarrase them with the stories of what they used to get up to

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mum2two

That's so funny! I'd have been so embarrased too. DD once got a sanitary towel & thought it was a big plaster!!!

Kelly x

crazybones

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

LittleMissSparkles
04-04-2008, 07:33 PM

katickles
04-04-2008, 07:35 PM
That's so funny! I'd have been so embarrased too. DD once got a sanitary towel & thought it was a big plaster!!!

Kelly x

Oh my god thats soooooooooooooo funny!!!
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:36 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

manjay
04-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Put it on your daily risk assessment :D

amanda xx

miss muffit
04-04-2008, 07:46 PM
OMG .....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tatia
05-04-2008, 07:04 AM
NO!! Because eventually I do want another - and preferably with hubby!!!
Well, if one of your pills has gone missing, you might get your wish sooner than you thought!:D

I could never remember to take mine and that's why I have the Mirena coil as I definitely do not want another!

I gave a sofa away once and found out later they had found a tampon down the sides. A new one, obviously! I suddenly recalled my dd discovering a box and dumping it all over the living room. Apparently, one got hidden. :laughing:

Pipsqueak
05-04-2008, 07:50 AM

:laughing: :laughing:

My son done that too - he attached them to his ears! I have a pix somewhere - the insurance man who was round at the time his face was a picture.

It wasn't all that long ago that my middle son discovered they swell up in water and used an entire box for a boat race

Pipsqueak
05-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Oh my - just remembered what my friends son done, he gets very bad nose bleeds.

His mum had told him (when he asked) that tampons are used when ladies have a little bleed.

Guess what he done when he next had a nose bleed - yep you;ve guessed it she found him with tampons stuck up his nostrils. It worked!!!! She said she had never laughed so much in her life

littletreasures
05-04-2008, 08:29 AM
You laugh about that.

I had an operation to remove some polyps in my sinuses and they put a tampon up my nose to stop the bleeding afterwards!!

litletreasures

devoncm
05-04-2008, 09:19 AM
you could put them in your knicker draw as you have fresh ones everyday so you would see them:laughing:

thats what i have had to do as my step son when we have likes to pick up whatever he feels like and moves them and not tell us, there not used at moment tho ive convinced OH that 7 kids between us isnt enough

jaytravis
05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
lol i keep mine next to the cearal boxes the kids can not reach them and i see it every morning

miffy
05-04-2008, 11:55 AM
This thread has had me in stitches - so many funny stories :)

How was your dd after taking the pill no nasty side effects I hope

miffy xx

emmadines
05-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Get the hubby to have a vascetomy!!!! No more pills!!!!:D :D

god I wish he would! Im so sick of taking them

cuddlybunny38
05-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi did you ring gp, we just done first aid course and they said the pill can effect children, i know she only took one but would be peice of mind with info from gp.

Pipsqueak
05-04-2008, 01:01 PM
This reminds me of when my son age 14months drunk a bottle of anbesol (the teething liquid not the stuff for piles! lol - that is another story of hubs going to the chemist and getting mixed up).

He was cutting some pegs and I had put the liquid on and foolishly I put it to one side and promptly forgot about it.
Later son came to me and showed me the empty bottle (it was a brand new bottle) and proudly told me he had drunk it.
It worried me so I rang the doctors who rang the poisons unit and the doctors rang me back - advice was - not harmful thankfully but to watch out as it had probably numbed his throat so be careful when eating and drinking, swallowing.
Certainly learnt from that experience!

fionamal
05-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Sorry to laugh but all these storries are so funny.

We could publish a book and make a fortune from the storries.:laughing: :laughing:

Hellsbells
05-04-2008, 02:11 PM
I stick my pill packet to my bedroom mirror with blue tac...that way I see it in the morning no matter how bleary eyed I am! :thumbsup:

emmadines
05-04-2008, 05:16 PM
This reminds me of when my son age 14months drunk a bottle of anbesol (the teething liquid not the stuff for piles! lol - that is another story of hubs going to the chemist and getting mixed up).

He was cutting some pegs and I had put the liquid on and foolishly I put it to one side and promptly forgot about it.
Later son came to me and showed me the empty bottle (it was a brand new bottle) and proudly told me he had drunk it.
It worried me so I rang the doctors who rang the poisons unit and the doctors rang me back - advice was - not harmful thankfully but to watch out as it had probably numbed his throat so be careful when eating and drinking, swallowing.
Certainly learnt from that experience!

i always wondered what would happen if the whole bottle was drunk????:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

RedDragon
06-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Luckily that has not happened with kids but husband had a sore throat once at Christmas-time. Instead of putting the mixture on a spoon he just took 2 big swigs (naughty boy). He told me it tasted horrible (but still went on and took a 2nd swig). I looked to see what he had taken and it was liquid menthol - stuff that you add to boiling water to help with your sinuses (vile stuff!).

I phoned Casualty and they said I needed to bring him in - trouble was, there was thick snow on the ground, we didn't have a car and I worked in Casualty!!!

I gambled, kept an eye on him and no harm done.