PDA

View Full Version : I was born yesterday apparently...

em29
31-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Well I know there are lots of threads about difficult parents on here and I have had my event of the week as well! My husband and my mindees mum and dad all work for the same people and some people were due a day off today (including my mindees parents). Well mum said to me on friday ' oh as your husband has a day off on tuesday feel free to book holiday and have a lovely family time because one of us is home and are more than happy to have her for you...'.

Well as it turns out my husband wasnt due a day off and i knew that BOTH mindees parents were off and they wanted their lo at home but didnt want to PAY.
Her face was a study when i informed her that even if my husband wasnt working I was still working and that i would see her tuesday to which she said 'well see you wednesday because we want a family day out. I suppose I will have to pay the bill then...'!
Cheeky mare just wanted to talk me into booking holiday on the days she had off work so she wouldn't have to pay!

sarah707
31-08-2010, 07:29 PM
:laughing: some people just don't get that we run a business do they? :rolleyes:

Well done you :D

Twinkles
31-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Honestly :panic: Glad you saw through her.

zillervalley
31-08-2010, 07:45 PM
wow glad you realised what she was getting at, they do try anything to get out of paying

funfunfun
31-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Cheeky moo !!!! good for you standing your ground !!

bexcee
31-08-2010, 08:50 PM
The cheek of it :angry:

Some of these parent's don't realise how lucky they are having such good childminders. :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
31-08-2010, 09:12 PM
how clever of the parent - just that you are a lot more clever.er...... lol:clapping:

jadylasa
31-08-2010, 09:20 PM
They are more than happy to have her FOR YOU?! Arn't you having her FOR THEM?! Why do they try and make it sound like they're doing you a favour. unpaid day off work? let me think about that for a second.....erm, no thanks, but nice try!

em29
01-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Got it in one ladies! They were doing me a favour don't you know :rolleyes:

The Juggler
01-09-2010, 06:32 AM
good for you honx

charleyfarley
01-09-2010, 06:39 AM
]They are more than happy to have her FOR YOU?! Arn't you having her FOR THEM[/SIZE]?! Why do they try and make it sound like they're doing you a favour. unpaid day off work? let me think about that for a second.....erm, no thanks, but nice try!

That's exactly what I thought. Glad you knew what she was up to :thumbsup: Good for you.

Carol xx

maryp0ppins
01-09-2010, 06:42 AM
:eek: these forum threads just keep getting better!!!:rolleyes:

The cheek of some people.

PixiePetal
01-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Cheeky thing!

I have one today who has asked to stay an hour later and said she will drop off late too if I can do it - well I can, but still have others starting earlier so no real benefit to me :rolleyes:

Lovely family though so don't mind being flexible :)