PDA

View Full Version : First Inspection next week!!!!

Michelle M
04-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Came back from a lovely afternoon out at the farm and visiting another child minder to be greeted by hubby saying he had some bad news for me!!!!
OFSTED have phoned and are phoning back in half an hour, sure enough they are coming next week sometime.
I asked her to be a little more specific as I have already made arrangements for days out as its the holidays and parents are bringing some children earlier than usual etc, she said sorry she cant really tell me, but in the end she said either Wednesday or Thursday afternoon, as it happens I am not working Thursday afternoon as I have dentist and my daughter is having her MMR jab.
BUT I am panicking now because a) this is my first ever inspection and b) on Wednesday, I have a one year old who just screams in the afternoons as he doesn’t want to sleep which is his usual nap time at home :(

Trouble
04-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Came back from a lovely afternoon out at the farm and visiting another child minder to be greeted by hubby saying he had some bad news for me!!!!
OFSTED have phoned and are phoning back in half an hour, sure enough they are coming next week sometime.
I asked her to be a little more specific as I have already made arrangements for days out as its the holidays and parents are bringing some children earlier than usual etc, she said sorry she cant really tell me, but in the end she said either Wednesday or Thursday afternoon, as it happens I am not working Thursday afternoon as I have dentist and my daughter is having her MMR jab.
BUT I am panicking now because a) this is my first ever inspection and b) on Wednesday, I have a one year old who just screams in the afternoons as he doesn’t want to sleep which is his usual nap time at home :(

can you not take him for a walk with her
or just explain that he usually goes for a walk and it gets him off to sleep as he can be very groughy other wise

Spangles
04-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Gosh, there's rather a lot of us suddenly having our inspections. I wonder if they are trying to clear as many as possible so they can concentrate on EYFS?

I bet they'll ring me next! Oh no!!! I've got so much to do! Aaaaaaah!

Let us know how yours goes and good luck - bet you'll be great!

Michelle M
04-04-2008, 06:07 PM
can you not take him for a walk with her
or just explain that he usually goes for a walk and it gets him off to sleep as he can be very groughy other wise

I didnt realise I could do that, will have to go to the park then and hope he goes to sleep he usually does in a pushchair, but thought we would have to stay in so the inspector could go through all hte paperwork etc

Trouble
04-04-2008, 06:09 PM
im sure if theres a screaming child about she will walk and look when hes asleep

im not sure if they would

squiggle
04-04-2008, 07:30 PM
have pm'd you michelle.

i'm not far from you and my inspection is on weds or thurs morning.

we could have the smae inspector

Jen x

sarah707
04-04-2008, 09:49 PM
So long as she sees you doing everything possible to look after baby, there's not a lot else you can do. You certainly won't be marked down for having a screaming baby!

Good luck :D

angeldelight
04-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Just wanted to say good luck Michelle

Angel xx

chels55
04-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Im sure everything will be fine
good luck and let us know how you get on

miffy
05-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Good luck Michelle and Jen

Miffy xx

Michelle M
05-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Good Luck Jen

littletreasures
05-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Good luck to both of you!

littletreasures

emler
05-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Good luck to both of you - just think, this time next week it will all be over :clapping:

Emler x

Rasharoon
07-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Good luck. Got mine in a couple of weeks and have untold reading to do.

Twinkles
07-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Good luck to you both :thumbsup:

Blaze
07-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Personally i would ring OFSTED & ask them to get the inspector to ring you...when she does tell her you realized the LO you have that day goes for a walk in the afternoons..to have a sleep...is she happy with that or woul she like to make the appointment for another week?...
Good luck!
Blaze:)