PDA

View Full Version : I'm sooooo proud of myself....

SammyM
31-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Just had my first 'uncomfortable' chat about fees, after I issued my invoices last week.

Even though mom has read my pols and procedures, signed contracts etc etc, she still didn't 'realise' that if her dd doesn't come on her contracted days she still has to pay 50% of that days fee.

Think she was wanting me to say oh forget it then, but after a lot of long silences and uncomfortable pauses she has written me a cheque.

I'm so pleased I stood my ground, it would be sooo easy to wimp out.

Glad we have it all crystal clear now and hope the chq isnb't a bouncy one!!!:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

maryp0ppins
31-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Well done SammyM, its not nice talking money. Glad you stood your ground & now its paid off :thumbsup:

sarah707
31-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

Twinkles
31-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Good for you , we are all wimps when it comes to talking money. Glad you stood your ground.

TheBTeam
31-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Well done you, I used to often say things to fill the awkward silences and end up backing down, I now try not to say anything to fill the gaps, answer quickly and then shut up, before i end up talking myself out of things and giving in.

It has worked in the past, but i still find it so hard to do! lol

nikijc0205
31-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Well done you. I think sometimes parents try it on a bit. She was lucky only having to pay 50%, I charge my parents full pay if they decide not to send their child on a contracted day.
Niki x

emmaflossie
31-08-2010, 06:06 PM
ah well done you, i think they should think themselves lucky i charge full fees on contracted days no matter what only time they dont have to pay me is if i am on a holiday or if im sick :)

I hate talking money though have had probs with a none payer lately but hopefully its all sorted now

bexcee
31-08-2010, 09:16 PM
I too charge full fee for non attendance on a contracted day so she should count herself lucky!!

Well done you for standing your ground and not backing down under pressure. I find money that hardest thing to talk about but remind myself that I am running a business and need the money I have worked hard for.