PDA

View Full Version : New mindee starts tmrw

crazyhazy
31-08-2010, 05:23 PM
So, I have a 6m old starting with me tmrw, for 2 days a week. I had a settling in session with her on friday and she was no bother at all and didn't seem to notice her parents had left her so am not expecting too many problems settling wise. But I am wondering how she will fit in with my own two and my other mindees. So, those with babies to look after how do they fit in with your older ones? At the moment I have my own girls, 23m and 3.5y and on the days she's here I also have my niece 4.5y and a 9y before and after school, then an 11y after school (although niece and 11y are only here till mid sept). I'm just wondering how naps etc will fit round school runs, currently 9, 1130, 1215 and 3 too.

Thanks for any replies am probably worrying over nothing but can't help it!

bexcee
31-08-2010, 05:29 PM
In my expereince a baby will fit in with whatever else is going on. Having her from six months is good as you can adapt them into nap/meal times to suit you and the school runs. Bet she will love the attention from the older children and they will enoy having a baby to play with.

Don't worry about it too much, just go with the flow and see how she fits in.

Good luck x

sarah707
31-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I am starting an 11 month old tomorrow and wondering exactly the same thing.

Mum wants him to have a sleep in the afternoon, he usually has a bottle at 2 and then bed...

I have said he can have a bottle at 2 and then buggy so he is ready for the school run and mum has had to compromise or he will be losing a lot of sleep.

I imagine it will be a battle to begin with as I am changing his routine but it is a comfy lie flat buggy and he will be in a cosy toes so it will be just like bed.

I will just have to go with the flow and see how it fits together. that's all you can do really.

Good luck! :D

SammyM
31-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I sleep my littley in a lie flat big comfy buggy too, then if he does take a while to settle, or has a longer nap I don't have to wake him to go to school.

Think as long as mom is aware of this then its fine :clapping:

crazyhazy
31-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks girls, I know the mum quite well and she's fairly laid back so I think she'll be ok about her needing to sleep in the pram, will speak to her about it more tmrw. It will all depend what times she wants to nap how it'll work out and I won't know that till she's been here a few weeks I guess. Am really looking forward to tmrw but got so many questions too, hopefully it'll go well and mum will be at home just round the corner should anything come up which is handy.

Sarah - good luck with your new mindee too x

sarah707
31-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Sarah - good luck with your new mindee too x

Thank you! You too! x

*donnalouise*
31-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Good luck with your new mindee's girls.
I have my first EVER mindee starting tomorrow.. she is 5 months :)
I have a 3.5yr old and an 11month old of my own so its going to be interesting to see how they react to 'sharing mummy'

Emma B123
31-08-2010, 08:25 PM
also have a 7 month startibg this week. shes id the youngest ive have so really looking forward to it:)

bexcee
31-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Wish I had a baby starting too :panic: been advertising for ages now but not getting any interest at all :(

Good luck with you new mindees ladies, hope they all soon settle in well :)