PDA

View Full Version : Just been given notice...

WibbleWobble
31-08-2010, 04:42 PM
from my easiest, happiest, loveliest after schoolie.

the summer hols have totally knocked mum for six with the amounts! its the first big hols she has had to pay for.....lads now going to grandad

hmmmmmm...me thinks...what about offering term time only?

do you think that is reasonable?

there is an alturistic element here.....he gets on with DD2 and it does her some good having him around.

what do you think folks??

mandy x

mushpea
31-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I would if it were me but does this then affect your numbers? so if you had a schoolie who wanted you term time and holiday time woud you still be able to fit them in? thats the only thing i would think about is loosing a full time holidays space child if it came along.

Twinkles
31-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Why not if it suits you. You can always advertise the space for hols only.
But......what if someone comes along who needs after school care and holiday cover ? Would you be prepared to lose out financially ?

WibbleWobble
31-08-2010, 04:48 PM
he is 10..:D

mandy xxxx

Carol M
31-08-2010, 05:05 PM
No probs then. Keep as TTO as he isn't in your numbers.
I am only limited by the spaces in my car for school runs, but I prefer TTO and "as can do" during holidays.
Carol xx

caz3007
31-08-2010, 05:43 PM
I have most of my after schoolies term time only and during the holidays they come as when mums need me, family help them all out too, I totally understand as it would mean their costs for holiday weeks would be huge and I like having some time to spend with my DS

emmaflossie
31-08-2010, 06:16 PM
In order to help my schoolies parents i split the cost over the term .... so i started one july and had her all over the summer but split the cost of the summer over the 6 months leading up til christmas so instead of it costing her from july til now £460 its cost her £105 a month

Gizmo
31-08-2010, 06:19 PM
4 out of my 6 mindees are TTO and I only charge for when they are here suits me and my dd's :thumbsup:

The Juggler
31-08-2010, 06:54 PM
go for it. what have you got to lose. Also if she needs a few weeks in hols (if Grandad not available) she can always pay a bit each month upfront so it doesn't hit so hard in the holidays.

fluffysocks
31-08-2010, 07:54 PM
definately offer term time only, you never know she may be grateful for the compromise as much as you want to keep the mindee. x

WibbleWobble
01-09-2010, 05:14 PM
spoke to mum this morning (dad gave me the letter...they are separated) about the possibility of J coming term time. She really wants him to come here as she is very happy with me (and this is from a nursery room manager). Also grandad is getting on a bit and they strated with CMs because he was finding it too much (this is a 7.15am start...5.15pm finish in the hols) She is off tomorrow and will ring tax credits because we both think she isnt getting what she is owed.

So...hopefully i will keep him.:thumbsup:

He really is good for DD2 (she is the 18 yr old with the learning age of 10) and she is heartbroken with him going:(

all keep your finger crossed

mandy xxx

karen m
01-09-2010, 06:35 PM
hope all goes well