PDA

View Full Version : how many of you charge a full day

emmaflossie
31-08-2010, 04:04 PM
for those who you take to playschool, pick up and then have for the remainder of the day?

im looking into this atm and looking at starting to charge a full day as i have realised how much a playschooler limits me taking on anyone else to fill their place whilst at play school
and its drastically reduced my monthly income .. come jan i will have another 2 leaving for playschool. Its something i had not really thought about and dont have anything written in a policy about it

jadylasa
31-08-2010, 04:15 PM
you should charge. If you're dropping off AND collecting, then you are effectivly "on call" should you be needed by playgroup. i would charge full, but i would at least charge half as a retainer cause you can't fill the space that child is taking up, do a policy on it, so parents can see why you're charging, cause parents don't think of these things, they just see that they are paying you as well as playgroup, but once they are 3 it should be funded anyway, so then the're only paying you.

emmaflossie
31-08-2010, 04:21 PM
this is what i was thinking and i guess its also the parents "choice" to send them to playgroup before they are 3 so they dont have to pay both.

Also my other thought was that for those who i look after who receive tax credits they are still entitled to the same amount so for them it does not cost them more.

jadylasa
31-08-2010, 04:28 PM
exactly! and also you could give parents the option of the child having the funded space through you, not too sure how this works but every 3 year old is intitled to 15 hours funded with a setting that uses EYFS! I've been lead to believe that you can claim this if they are with you. i'ts up to the parents which establishment recieves this funding if the attend more than 1.

Chimps Childminding
31-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I charge full now! I used to charge half, but I cannot fill the hours they are at nursery/pre-school as they are needed during the holidays. Once they are 3 they get that funded anyway, so its not as if they are having to pay twice, and as said if they chose to send an under 3 to nursery on the day they are at the cm's its their choice as long as they realise they still have to pay!!

emmaflossie
31-08-2010, 04:29 PM
yeah i think you need to do another level for this to become accredited but not sure how you go about that lol

sandy64
31-08-2010, 04:33 PM
yep i do i take and pick up from nursery and charge full day as it is over 5hrs which i class as a full day:)

mushpea
31-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I charge either from when they drop to me till they go home including time when they are at nursery or if i only pick up from nursery then i still charge for the time they would drop to me in the holidays as they would still need me in the hols and therefore i cannot fill this space.

Carol M
31-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Becoming accredited varies in different areas, talk to your childminding co-ordinator.
I am accredited to receive the funding but if parents choose to send lo to a nursery for the free sessions I still charge full day fee. Obviously I prefer to do the sessions and get the funding.
carol xx

emmaflossie
31-08-2010, 05:46 PM
perfect ladies thank you its looking good so far lol