PDA

View Full Version : Update on my parent moan from yest.

doodles
31-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Well.... You may have read my post yesterday on mum who turned up on my doorstep at 7am asking me to take her 10yr old. I said no as it was bank holiday and she hadnt booked it with me.
Dad drops off S this morning at 7 and just drives away, mum comes at 3 to pick her up and tells me S wont be coming to me anymore from friday as she needs someone to work bank hols as she visits her friend and cant take S with her!
I said yes thats fine, can you put it in writing and pay me the 4 weeks notice fee's please.
She stood there totally shocked, she fully expected me to say i would work bank hols.
Anyway i said do you want me to get you a pen and paper now so you can write it out now :D
Erm, i will bring you it tomorrow she said, just need to check the other childminder can have her and do bank hols.
So, in other words you havent even asked anyone yet and were trying to trick me into saying i would do it by threatening me with notice!

Ive had S for 6 months and she loves coming here as her best friend lives over the road and they walk to school together. I just cant stand this mum anymore. Out of the 6 months ive had her she has paid late every single week apart from 4 times!!!!!!!!!!! She even 'forgot' todays payment too. :angry:

Mookins
31-08-2010, 02:45 PM
:clapping: oooh what id of paid to see her face lol

xxx

bexcee
31-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Cutting off her nose to spite her face I think.

Shame that you won't be having the girl anymore but sounds like the mum is hard work and won't back down on making it easy for you so guess you are better off without.

Would of loved to see her face when you offered to get her a pen and paper! :laughing:

Twinkles
31-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Priceless !!

Do try to be gracious when she backs down :laughing:

maryp0ppins
31-08-2010, 04:07 PM
oooooooooooh nice one on the quick thinking of giving her pen & paper right there & then.......:laughing:

I had a similar thing at the weekend....(I titled mine, called their bluff) :D

funemnx
31-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Well done for thinking so quickly, I always think of something witty to say hours after they've gone! :)

jadylasa
31-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Well done for thinking so quickly, I always think of something witty to say hours after they've gone! :)

Me too. hindsight is great!:rolleyes:

wendywu
31-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Beat her to it and give her notice tomorrow. :mad:

Does she realise that BH will be double if she gets any one to do it ;)

Carol M
31-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Nice One :thumbsup:
Carol xx

sarahlorraine73
31-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Well done you for sticking to your guns and the quick thinking. It is a shame when the parents spoil it for their children, it's not like we are looking after the door key or something, their child should be the most proudest honour they have and yet we get very little if any respect for caring for them!! beyond me.
Good luck x

doodles
31-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Beat her to it and give her notice tomorrow. :mad:

Does she realise that BH will be double if she gets any one to do it ;)

Im going to. She is rude and ungrateful and its just not worth the hassle. I had already thought she might give notice so i had it in my head what i was going to say to her. :D
Ive just text her to remind her to bring this weeks payment tomorrow. What will the excuse be this time :rolleyes:

The Juggler
31-08-2010, 06:56 PM
:angry: :angry: OMG that poor child. So on her bank hols off work she doesn't ever want to spend it with her daughter!! poor child.

Give notice hon, cheeky mare.