PDA

View Full Version : uni childcare payment advice

sandy64
31-08-2010, 01:59 PM
hi my friend who is a cm is having trouble getting paid and i wanted to ask you guys if you had any advice please, well shes been minding lo for 12mths mum has been at college but from sept is going on to uni she gets all her cc paid she filled in form for new c.care payments in july and put a retainer for the summer hols £50 a wk it does say on form if you need retainer they pay out now for hols well mum has just rung her today and said she hasnt been given money but sounded guilty weve rung uni and they say she should of got it but due to data protection cant discuss. has any one had someone whos gone from college to uni and had c.c payed for hols?? its a long time 10weeks to hold a place and doesnt seem fare if mum has had money either thanks for reading:)

sarah707
31-08-2010, 05:14 PM
I would ring college and ask if it is their usual policy to pay out for a holiday retainer... you are not asking about a specific case under data protection then, just about a general policy.

Then when you know that, go to mum and explain that it is their policy to pay out and can she please check her banking again because care in the new term cannot start until the agreed holiday fees are up to date.

Have a letter typed and ready to give to the mum explaining the situation about fees before care.

See what she says and go from there :D

mama2three
31-08-2010, 05:20 PM
One of my mums was at college and I was paid by them - she then went on to get childcare paid by uni , but obviously her college only paid until June and Uni start date was October so noone is actually responsible for funding the interim few months. Once she is actually at Uni then they will fund retainers for holidays etc.
As Sarah said she needs to pay you regardless of what funding has come through - put it all in writing and refer to your policies etc..

sandy64
31-08-2010, 05:28 PM
hi thanks just told my friend she had rang uni didnt give names and was still told couldnt discuss but after holding place for over 10weeks oweing £750 mum says she cant afford to pay sad thing if my friend had known she would of asked her for the retainer wkly. now not sure what to do:)

mama2three
31-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I think she should be speaking to her insurance company helpline on this one. is the parent giving notice ( or your friend) then , or just expecting her to 'write off' the retainer then start afresh?

sandy64
31-08-2010, 05:35 PM
not sure as she has also told her shes dropping to 3 days from 5 and her other lo has given notice today and her hubby was made redundant last week so shes in a dilemma cant afford to lose lo but was relying onthe £750 ive told her to ring ncma as its a lot to lose but then would mean losing lo hard one:)

mama2three
31-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Oh poor thing - hope she manages to sort everything out. Shes lucky to have your support.

sandy64
31-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh poor thing - hope she manages to sort everything out. Shes lucky to have your support.

thankyou thats what friends are for:)

Hebs
31-08-2010, 06:44 PM
i have 2 children whos mum goes to uni and they have not paid anything over the summer :thumbsup:

we have it sorted tho :D me and mum get on great and i know for a fact she isnt lying they are hopeless at best :rolleyes:

love381
31-08-2010, 07:02 PM
My sister experienced the same sort of thing. Filled in forms, retainer possible etc, but this is how it worked out.

Sept 06 - Jun 07 in college, with college help for Childcare cost
Jun 07 - Sept 07 NO COLLEGE AND NO UNI therefore NO HELP WITH CHILDCARE COSTS!!
Sept 07 - July 08 - IN UNI, help with costs
July 08 - Sept 08 - NOT in uni, but help with costs because still going back to uni course!
Sept 08 - July 09 - IN UNI, help with costs
July 09 - Sept 09 - NOT in uni, but help with costs because still going back to uni course!
Sept 09 - July 10 - IN UNI, help with costs

I hope this makes sense. They WILL NOT pay out in between college and uni as you are not attending anywhere etc. WEIRD!

x

Hebs
31-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I hope this makes sense. They WILL NOT pay out in between college and uni as you are not attending anywhere etc. WEIRD!

x

they also wont pay if the parent is doing an EXTRA year ie my parent was on a 3 yr course graduated in may, going back to do the extra year (4th year) no childcare during may and sept!