PDA

View Full Version : How dare he!!

celdemorg
31-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Ooh I'm slightly annoyed!!

My dd has been making bracelets and necklaces all morning, she did this on our holiday, and set up a little shop by our caravan and was selling them bless (well selling them for a lot less than what I paid from them!!) :eek:

Anyway, she decided to come back home and make some more and sell them to the neighbours (I did warn her saying they are all miserable where we live and they won't buy them - I was right)

But getting to the point of this thread, one neighbour, asked my daughter "Is your mum still BABYSITTING those kids"!!!! How dare he presume I'm just a babysitter, when it clearly says on the back of my car I'm a childminder. The ignorant man!! He's really got to me, I really feel like going down and showing him all my certificates etc:angry: :angry: I don't particularly like this man anyway, he always stares and looks at me in disgust sometimes when I've got all my lo's with me or in the garden. Ooh I was in such a good mood today as well!!

Big breath and relax - rant over.

xxx

Ripeberry
31-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Ignore him, life's too short to worry about people like that :mad: His Karma is shot and he know it :D

Reminds me when I was a kid, we set up a stall selling home made cakes and lemonade outside our flats (back in the 1970s), we were only 7yrs old me and my friend.

Quite a few people bought from us, but one old man tried to tip over our table as he did not approve of it :mad:

aly
31-08-2010, 01:11 PM
he is a man !!!

most men think they have to 'babysit' their kids...errrr no they are your kids so you look after them not babysit!!!

TBH I wouldnt take what he says to heart

Mookins
31-08-2010, 01:40 PM
i gave me hubby a severe telling off the other day when he was chatting on the phone to a friend...."yeah shes fine, shes started ummm whats it called...babysitting...yeah at her age hahaha":angry:

i flew in the kitchen and blasted him whilst he was on the phone....he was soon singing my praises to his mate about all the certificates and courses id done :laughing:

xx

doodles
31-08-2010, 02:03 PM
he is a man !!!

most men think they have to 'babysit' their kids...errrr no they are your kids so you look after them not babysit!!!

TBH I wouldnt take what he says to heart

Exactly what i was going to say! Ignore him, daft man.

watgem
31-08-2010, 03:02 PM
don't stoop to his level, he's just very ignorant, as was the reception teacher who when I asked for some help with planning told me as a"babysitter " I didn't need to know and no she didn't want to look at any of the eyfs learning journeys of the children I mind in her class:C It grates but you can be the bigger person:)

PixiePetal
31-08-2010, 03:32 PM
some people just don't have a clue :rolleyes:

well done on your DD enterprise :) even if it cost you more :laughing:

My DD always makes things to sell to friends - friendship bracelets, ribbon roses for valentines/mothers day - you name it she has made it!

MAWI
31-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I would just ignore it too, dont let it worry you. Its his ignorance.

I used to have an friend that had a neighbour that sounds like yours. So when she finally had enough of him "yeah Im still sitting on the babies but they not very squashed yet"
It made me chuckle anyway.