PDA

View Full Version : Restricted !!

celdemorg
31-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Do any of you have lo's for just 2 hours a day.

I've had a mindee since Feb and he was for 3 hours a day, was a bit undecided to take him on at the time as the hours were 10.30 - 1.30 Tues - Thurs only and I thought it would tie me in iyswim. Anyway Dad has changed his hours and now only want me for 2 hours 11.30 - 1.30. At the moment I'm ok as my phone hasn't been ringing for vacancies. But was a bit concerned that I could potentially lose a lo for longers hrs if i did get a call (I also have a space for a monday as well.

So was just wondering what you would do in this situation, if you had a call for a child for longer hours would you terminate the 2 hr mindee, can you do this.

Just I feel i can't really go anywhere as have to be back for him in the morning, give lo's their dinner then it's time for him to go home, for 2 hours over lunch time he hardly has much time to play.

xxx

bexcee
31-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I would talk to the parents about it and say what you have said here, that it is restricting your day and that you are struggling to get back in time for drop off/pick up.

Or you could keep him until someone else comes along with more hours. Depends how many other mindees you have and how much you need the money.

tashaleee
31-08-2010, 11:21 AM
I would talk to parents and explain your situation - financially Im sure they can understand that if you were offered a 8-6 there is no way you could continue for 2 hours in the middle of the day :thumbsup: (then again Ofsted may offer you a continuation for this child if you explained the situation to them as I doubt many minders would take any child for just 2 hours a day - its not worth the money or the paperwork and if I did it I would charge an enhanced fee as well)