PDA

View Full Version : has anyone had....

emmadines
31-08-2010, 10:15 AM
a phone call from the tax credits offics asking weather you provide care for certain children and provide their names, she said we wont ask you for any details over the phone but will send you the relevant info.

I tried to call them back but I got a "youve dialed the wrong number" then Ive called their help line to check but they are busy and cut you off :angry: - very helpful - not!!!!!

is this normal to get these calls asking if you provide care for certain children???

Emma

youarewhatyoueat
31-08-2010, 11:06 AM
The hmrc are calling more this year to check on claims, they are also back checking on claims so do expect the calls.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
31-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I did about 2 years ago, wanted to know how much a certain family was paying me.

I think it should be done far more often so parents cant put fraudulent claims in

bexcee
31-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I agree that it should be done as it is so easy for the parents to use our details.
It does seem a bit odd though that you couldn't call back or speak to anyone about it but if you didn't give any information away I shouldn't worry about it.

huggableshelly
31-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I had a call often regarding one family, the last call being last wk asking how much fees are for X. I quit cm in july and informed the tax office so was suprised to find out X parents were still claiming to pay my fees!

ah well they will have a nice lump sum to pay back now!

caz3007
31-08-2010, 01:30 PM
I had a call once checking up, she was a young mum who had gone back to work with two under 2. Unfortunately I think she had told them she was paying me a little bit more than she was, I told her about the enquiry and what I had said, explaining that I had to tell the truth

mushpea
31-08-2010, 03:49 PM
had a call from tax credits wanting details and also a call from a council as parent was a council tennent and got help with rent.

sarah707
31-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Yes I have had calls in the past - they will write to you :D

emmadines
31-08-2010, 08:25 PM
yeah she said they will send me something ... should I let the mum know or should I keep it to myself??

karensmart4
31-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I've had a few calls over the years but none for the last 18mths or so. Sometimes they would send a letter instead.

They wanted to know how many hours I have cared for x, how much I charge per hr, and how much they have paid and its normally for the previous year or even years.

This is why we have to keep properly detailed records :)

Don't worry it's normal and it's ok to tell the family, just tell them the tax office is doing routine spot checks and their name came up :)