PDA

View Full Version : Had the worse news !

Katherine
31-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi, I am sooooo misserable, I had someone who was starting in October 3 children 3 days a week giving me £250 a week they paid the deposit last April of £800 then yesterday she sent an email saying she isn't going back to work now cause her job changed or something.

I just dont know what to do I feel sick, I was relying on it to live on and pay back some debts, I have got into debt over the summer thinking I can pay it back (my own stupid fault I know) I have turned people away, let one customer go, reduced the hours of one, now I will only be earning £70 a week and I can't afford to live on that.

I have started advertising again and am selling my double pushchair I bought specially I just hope something is around the corner, my head is banging I couldn't sleep at all last night with worry.

jaja
31-08-2010, 09:35 AM
oh sweatheart, oi dont know what to say except i have my fingers crossed the phone rings soon, have you asked about increaseing any of the children you mind already? advertise everywhere and get yourself seen everywhere...

sending big big hugs

xxxxxxxxxxxx

em29
31-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Oh I feel for you! Debt is so stressful and it is hard to see a way through!
What is the minimum that you have to earn to get by? Definitely advertise as much as possible and use word of mouth too. Tell everyone that you have openings available and ring any other childminders you know that may have had enquiries etc
Also, if you do a school run make it clear to people that you would do before and after school care. I am sure it wont be long before someone will approach you for care.
In the meantime have a quick look at your debt and try and maybe move it to interest free card or something like that??
xx:(

MissTinkerbell
31-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Oh honey that must have been awful for you.

:group hug:

As PPs have said get all the advertising you can out there. Do you still have phone numbers of the people you turned away - perhaps they still need childcare and haven't got it sorted yet - its worth a try.

Fingers crossed that your phone starts ringing soon. My grandma always used to say that 'when one door closes another door opens' and I'm a strong believer in that. There will be someone out there that will need you and hopefully very soon.

bexcee
31-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear your news. As the others have said advertise everywhere and anywhere. Who knows what is waiting round the corner for you.

Polly2
31-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh no how worrying :( don't forget to let all your present families know you have spaces - they may fill them or know of people who need childcare.

Try not to worry something will come along xx

The Juggler
31-08-2010, 12:50 PM
oh how awful hon. But, be positive. October is still a month away. You still have time to advertise and at least you took a deposit.

You may find some full=timers and after schoolers. Did you keep the numbers of the enquiries you turned away?

sending a hug though.

Carol M
31-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I am hoping you have kept the deposit as she has changed her mind.
I know this is small consolation as you were expecting a regular income but it does give you a bit of time to get other mindees as long as there is demand in your area. It just shows you this job cannot guarentee a regular income and I feel for you, I really do.
Put a positive head on and get advertising the fact you have vacancies.
Good luck
Carol xx

TheBTeam
31-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Big hugs that something as good if not better is just around the corner!

watgem
31-08-2010, 02:59 PM
oh sending you hugs, will keep my fingers crossed for that something turns up:)