PDA

View Full Version : Just cant believe some parents !!!

claire85
31-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Hi everyone , u may remember me been on here a bit lately venting my frustrastion about a parent who leaves it to the day before to tell me what im doing, Have told this parent who is a family friend that i needed at least 2 days notice and he agreed that was fine. Text the dad on sat at about half 7 as had heard nothing from him about what was happening, i get a message last night at quarter to ten saying sorry they were on the way back from somewhere and if i could have him tue and weds that would be great. I didnt text back as was fuming!!!!! Does anybody else have parents like this one??xx

mama2three
31-08-2010, 06:40 AM
they need to have a bit of a shock and find you unavailable - ' sorry , Ive made other plans as I presumed I wasnt having x as you hadnt let me know!' - just once will probably do the trick and they will start to keep you updated!

claire85
31-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Yeah i know your right , the difficult one is the dad is a family friend of ours and they live right across the road !!!x

mama2three
31-08-2010, 06:47 AM
So he needs to start acting like a friend then and showing you a little courtesy and respect!

claire85
31-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Yeah exactly !!! Thanks for reading /listeining just feeling very frustrated as i have nothing planned for the 8 year old child to do today because of the late notice x

maryp0ppins
31-08-2010, 06:55 AM
I'd perhaps tell a little fib :blush: say you have had a potential client ring about certain days they require & your having a meeting....tell you 'FRIEND' if they cannot let you know at least 2/3 days before there is a chance the new child may take the space they'll need......;)

The Juggler
31-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah exactly !!! Thanks for reading /listeining just feeling very frustrated as i have nothing planned for the 8 year old child to do today because of the late notice x

then I would say you have plans today but you can have him Wed.

watgem
31-08-2010, 03:17 PM
I have parents like this, over the last 3 years they have constantly chopped and changed hours and days etc so now I have explained that my numbers are limited by Ofsted and that I can't afford to hold open days that they don't use so she has to stick to the hours and times in the contract, and pay for them regardless, mum is still terrible at letting me know what time /days I'm having the kids but at least I get paid now whatever, so if she tells me at the last minute or I have to contact her, unfortunately the children have to fit in with whatever has been planned.

CHEEKY BEE
01-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi, I have a parent who works different days each week. Mum has let me know the days she wants but hours are variable. Had to tell Mum to text me each week with hours so that I can plan for the other children and also so I have enough food, activities for her child as a requirement of the EYFS. Also to make sure I in when she drops off. She does text me now. It must be difficult for you because it is a friend.

karen m
01-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I have a lo starting school tomorrow ,mum has re-done contract for just 2 hours before school then says i will let you no when i need extra days ,sorry i will be busy ,i have had lo 3 years so she knows how things work