PDA

View Full Version : themes for babies

*donnalouise*
30-08-2010, 08:23 PM
I have my first mindee starting wed - a 5 month old baby girl. I have my own 2 children aged 11mth and 3.5yr

I have put together some really basic planning around 'all about me' - looking at mirrors / peekaboo / exploring textures with hands & feet / using a babies digital photo book.

I was thinking of basing my next lot of planning around animals - old mc donald song / storysack, farm visit animal cuddlies, making animal noises etc

After that i've got stuck... I cant seem to think of any suitable themes to base my planning around. Does my planning sound ok?Please can someone help me. I just want to be organised!

miss mopple
30-08-2010, 08:27 PM
You really dont need to worry about themes for babies. Just observe, see what they can do/ what they like and take it from there.

What you have planned sounds lovely. You could use that as your starting activities and just see where it takes you.

Have fun :D

king
30-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Yes this sounds great to me. You dont need to have themes but I like them so I do. I have 3x 1year olds. I have done/will be doing; five Sences, Farm animals, summer/holidays, Trains (one of my children really likes trains), Autumn, All about me, Christmas, Colours, Things that roll.

*donnalouise*
30-08-2010, 08:40 PM
thanks that helps lots - I was thinking of basing planning losely on themes as I find it easier that way.

Thinks that roll sounds good for her!... and possibly senses too... and I will be defo doing Christmas!:thumbsup: