PDA

View Full Version : First Variation pending, now need another

Zoomie
30-08-2010, 08:07 PM
I submitted a variation request for 4 under 5's on a Thursday and Friday, two weeks ago. I was going to start chasing it this week cos it is needed for next week.

However, another parent has now asked me to have LO on a Tues, which means I need to apply for another variation.

Will probably call Ofsted for advice in the morning, but what do you think my course of action should be.

Get variation no 1 issued (hopefully) or confuse OFsted by submitting an additional variation request ????

sandy64
31-08-2010, 04:31 PM
hi ive just got variation through for a thursday had to ring them twice but spoke to them today and said it was granted and they would email me temp certificare through today got it and yes i had it but they had taken variation off for monday so rang again now its sorted but they do seem to get confused easy, so good luck hope you get it,:)

emmaflossie
01-09-2010, 06:53 AM
i had a similar thing a few months ago.

i chased the first variation, an officer called me and i spoke to her ont he phone about the second variation, my certificate came through a few days later with both variations, so it maybe worth waiting to hear from the officer?? Unless they dont normally call?

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2010, 07:37 AM
I would call them and when discussing this say that the parent has now asked for more days and can you have the variation to cover the whole week. This way you won't have to go backwards and forwards.

A friend yesterday called about her variation that she submitted 2 weeks ago (at the time was told 14 days max for an answer) and when she asked what was happening she was told that her request had gone forward last week! Eventually after ringing back twice she spoke to the variations team who granted her variation and said that she could print her certificate online until the new one arrived.

emmaflossie
01-09-2010, 08:17 AM
actually reading this again i only asked for the variation for 2 under 1s on a tuesday and wednesday but they granted it all week?? maybe they will do this for you automatically

Zoomie
03-09-2010, 03:44 PM
first variation was granted today. i've called twice this week, but got call this morning, querying times and it will be posted today.

2nd one was only emailed last night, and parent says needed for Oct, so i will wait till then.

rickysmiths
03-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I have had a variation granted today. I applied two weeks ago by email for 10 cover while a rising five is doing half days the first two weeks of school. No worry about not having a cert for Monday and no emailing, the Inspector ammended my Report online and that is fine for working until the new one arrives. Have Ofsted become straightforward and sensible?!

Good news everyone they are now adding the rising fives bit to certs when you apply for variations, even if you haven't asked for it or it will be added when you are inspected. I think they are fed up with all the short variations they have had to deal with over August!

Zoomie
08-09-2010, 09:47 PM
I have had a variation granted today. I applied two weeks ago by email for 10 cover while a rising five is doing half days the first two weeks of school. No worry about not having a cert for Monday and no emailing, the Inspector ammended my Report online and that is fine for working until the new one arrives. Have Ofsted become straightforward and sensible?!

Good news everyone they are now adding the rising fives bit to certs when you apply for variations, even if you haven't asked for it or it will be added when you are inspected. I think they are fed up with all the short variations they have had to deal with over August!

Well my new cert came today and it says nothing about the rising 5's.

Not really an issue for me for another year, so will let sleeping dogs lie.