PDA

View Full Version : Got all excited over enquiry

patevans
30-08-2010, 01:50 PM
had a text this morning...

hi are u free to do some childminding sessions for our 4 yr old, DR ****

I replied what hours days etc

the reply -

everyday for 3 hrs will it be possible to come over today at 7pm to discuss further?

I replied of course my address is.............

the reply - would you be able to do childmindng at our residence and what are your rates?

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh - they obviously want a nanny! I replied and said no as i look after other children too and am only registered and insured at my own address and do they want to continue with the 7pm appt? this was at 12 and still no reply :angry:

love381
30-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Do hate it when that happens!!! Try another text later on. You never know, they may not find a nanny and want you after all. I had a phone call one that wanted a nanny, discussed why nanny would be better etc, persuaded to use me instead!! x

miffy
30-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Annoying!!!! But they may come back to you if they need childcare quickly.

Miffy xx

patevans
30-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Annoying!!!! But they may come back to you if they need childcare quickly.

Miffy xx

well i've text back now and said as I have not heard I assume that they dont want to go ahead with the meeting tonight and if they need to re-arrange then I am free wed or thurs after 6pm.

I am not back at work until Wednesday so there was nothing to do with childminding on show, so I spent hours running round like a headless chicken and they not even got the decency to reply and confirm whether still coming or not...think id rather not have parents like that anyway :rolleyes:

Tina O
30-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Just plain bad manners not to contact you back..... shame on then!

Chell
30-08-2010, 07:41 PM
well i've text back now and said as I have not heard I assume that they dont want to go ahead with the meeting tonight and if they need to re-arrange then I am free wed or thurs after 6pm.

I am not back at work until Wednesday so there was nothing to do with childminding on show, so I spent hours running round like a headless chicken and they not even got the decency to reply and confirm whether still coming or not...think id rather not have parents like that anyway :rolleyes:

This has happened to me so many times. I've only been registered a few months but have found it the worst part of the job so far.

hollyoaksmad
30-08-2010, 07:51 PM
this will make you laugh i was asked to pick up lo from school then take him home to his mum... i said im not ataxi service im a childminder