PDA

View Full Version : im being really thick sorry!!!

little_gems
30-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Right im currently registered for 1 in the eyfs as i have a 2 yrs and a 5 yrs of my own. The 5yrs has been in full time school since last september but was told i'd have to wait till aurgust 31st to take her out of my numbers. My question is do i just ring them or do i have to put it in a letter and also how long will it take.

My husband is my assistant and so ive had my numbers incresed when he here (which is all the time) But he starts a new job on the 6th september. Everyone else will be back at school on the 2nd apart from a 4 1/2 as she doesnt go back till the 13th september. I already have a 1yrs on the same day so are ofsted likley to get it all ready for the 6th september so i can have the 1yrs and 41/2 year old together.

I hope this all makes sence and thanks for any advice.

welshcake
30-08-2010, 01:42 PM
i am really confused as i thought u were allowed 6 takin out the number of your own, in your case 2 so therefore r u not allowed 4 in eyfs on 1 of those to be under 12 months.

now i am thinkin i am stupid x

little_gems
30-08-2010, 01:51 PM
no you can only have 3 in the eyfs and i have 2 of my own so that only leaves 1 space. You can have 6 under the age of 8, but only 3 may be in the eyfs

welshcake
30-08-2010, 03:16 PM
I have just checked my certificate when u have a child who is 4 or 5 and they r in full time education you can increase you ratio number so yr 5 yr old should not be counted when he started in full time, ofsted should of advised you of this. I have a 5 yr old, 4 yr old and 3 yr old. i only have to include my 3 yr old into the eyfs ratio as both my 4 and 5 yr old are in full time educational.

Ofsted put this on my certificate they call it special clause (forget the exact number they give for it) but ring them and ask them about it.

if u get any problems i will email u the section on my certificate so u can read the exact wording to them. x

welshcake
30-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Just asked my friedn who works for family services, she said:

Last september when yr child went full time they should of put a clasue on your certificate which they can do automatically that says this:

When caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full ime education, may increase the number in the early yeasr age group byt the number of children in full time education, prividing the maximum nnumber is not exceeded(early years register)

Thats what should of been put on yr cert last sept. she also says it doesnt matter when they start as the cut off of term is the 1st of sept which is the start of the term. so yr number should increase by 1. It looks as if they should of done that last sept for u.

and you dont have to wait til cert comes thru.

any probs and she said she will ring them for you. hope that helps.

sarah707
30-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Yes Welshcake is right.

As soon as a child starts full time, 10 sessions a week school you can replace them with another child in the Eyfs.

You need to speak to someone else at Ofsted and get your certificate changed.

Hth :D

little_gems
30-08-2010, 05:49 PM
i do already have that clause on the certificate but was told durng my inspection last month that it doesn't include my own child. And i would be over my numbers if i had another under 5.

TammyN
30-08-2010, 06:48 PM
i was allowed to include my ds when he started school in to the 5-8 age range and he is a younger child aho wasn't 5 until july after he started, i just rang them and asked them to ammend it for me.

Tina O
30-08-2010, 07:05 PM
With our ratio's as soon as a child is in full time school they are into the higher age group regardless of the date of their 5th birthday. I have had to contact BFEYS to add to my file that one of my mindees will be 5 next week but not in full time school until 1st week of Oct, they have added a variance so he is already in higher age bracket. It's very confusing isn't it??