PDA

View Full Version : Terminating contract

amanda1309
30-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Can a terminate a childs term time contract whilst it is the holidays.

I wanted to terminate the contract with 4 weeks notice with effect from today (30th Aug) but they are on half fee retainer until next monday (6th Sep).

Can I do this or do I need to wait until Monday 6th Sep.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

little_gems
30-08-2010, 01:40 PM
i have just had to terminate some term time contacts during the holidays. But i've gave them back the half fees as im not able to offer them thier places in spetember.

miffy
30-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Depends what it says in your contract - if you're in doubt then ring your insurer's tomorrow.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
30-08-2010, 05:05 PM
if they are paying you for the next week then I'm guessing you can include next week in notice. It's period of holiday or unpaid holiday that can't count. As long as you both agree i don't see why you can't do this.

I would run it by the parents. If they are likely not to be happy then it might be better to do 4 weeks from next week as this would to give them more time to find someone else and to give you a bit more cash.

amanda1309
30-08-2010, 05:35 PM
The letter has gone today but the notice period doesn't start till monday. I am effectively giving them nearly 5 weeks notice.

I know they wont be happy but we have been having a dispute over loads of sillty things since feb and it just came to head yesterday when i arrived home after 2 weeks away to a list of demands written on the new contracts.

I've been messed around with the renewal of contracts and times and days that i am needed since feb and this was the last straw.

I feel sick to the stomach that it has come to this but it was starting to affect my family life.

sorry for rambling.

The Juggler
30-08-2010, 09:15 PM
T

I feel sick to the stomach that it has come to this but it was starting to affect my family life.

sorry for rambling.

then you have done the right thing.:)

wendywu
31-08-2010, 08:11 AM
[
QUOTE=amanda1309;770306]The letter has gone today but the notice period doesn't start till monday. I am effectively giving them nearly 5 weeks notice.

I know they wont be happy but we have been having a dispute over loads of sillty things since feb and it just came to head yesterday when i arrived home after 2 weeks away to a list of demands written on the new contracts.

I've been messed around with the renewal of contracts and times and days that i am needed since feb and this was the last straw.

sorry for rambling.[/QUOTE]

Cut and run. We are grown ups and we dont have to have involved in our lives people who make us unhappy. Its just one of the perks of being a self employed adult. :thumbsup: