PDA

View Full Version : i need advice desperatley please.I may be in a pickle

honey
04-04-2008, 03:07 PM
i have had a lady come to see me today and she wants me to fetch her little boy form another school that i dont go to 3 days a week. I have to pick him up at 11.30.
I have another child that i take to my school, he has to be there for 12.45.

I have to leave the house at 12.30 to get the lad to school for 12.45. I wont get back from the 11.30 school run till 11.45/50 then i will have to feed them and get them to school, i will have an 2 year old to feed and cook fro aswell. Have i done the right thing? my hubby has said to say no to her NOW before i start with the child.
I did leave a message on her answer phone yesterday explaining this but shew obviously didnt get it as she turned up today in a taxi as she dosnt drive!!!.
Please advice me

Trouble
04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
the only thing you can do is have aprepared lunch and see how it goes:eek:

Banana
04-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I think you could do it... if you prepare lunch ready for when you get back.

If you make up some sandwiches and pop them in the fridge, they are ready as soon as you get back. Or whatever you are making? A casserole, bolognese - all of these can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge. It will be a bit tight for time, but of you can be organised with it then it could work, you would have to be very strict with a schedule though which could put you under quite a bit of pressure

let us know what you decide and hope it works out

xx

miffy
04-04-2008, 03:13 PM
If you aren't sure whether you can do this then it's better to cancel before you start

It is a very tight turn around time wise - you would need to be very organised and have lunch ready as soon as you got in from the 1130 pick up so either sandwiches or something on toast or jacket potato.

I have done something similar in the past and it is a lot of rushing about from one place to another - the only other thing I would consider is how long you would have to do this for or whether things could be changed so both children were at school at the same time of day

Good luck whatever you decide

miffy xx

Mollymop
04-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I hope it all works out what ever you decide to do.
Let us know X

katickles
04-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I was going to say its possible to do this as long as you pre-prepare the lunches. You'll have 45/50 mins to get them fed before having to get out for the next school run. :)

sarah707
04-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I have done an hour turn-around for the last few months and it wasn't that bad... so long as I was organised. I picked up one at 1130 and got the next one to nursery for 1230...

The 1230 didn't mind me being a bit late either... which I usually was! :D

wendywu
04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I have done pick up at 12 home lunch and back to school for 12.45. But i live 2min from the school. It can be done dont panic.:)

honey
04-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for all your support. the school is a 10 min drive away from my house. I have given her a 2 week settling in contract so i suppose i can see how it all goes i will let you know when it happens next week. My hubby says i shouldnt do it as it will ****** the car up all the while, and its only until sept or when they break up from school.

miffy
04-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Good luck - let us know how it goes

miffy xx

Banana
04-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Good luck chick!

x

Spangles
04-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Could you say that you will give it a trial period to see how it goes as it sounds quite stressful to me.

What if a child is a slow eater or the two year old has a tantrum or refuses to get shoes on etc or needs nappy doing like often happens.

What if the traffic is bad?

You've also got to rush around earlier to get the lunches ready prepared.

If it were me I would panic but that's just me - I'm not as cool and passive as some people! Think it's to do with being a Gemini and having red hair!!

Good luck with this, I'm sure you will be fine as you're not me! Ha ha!

Alibali
04-04-2008, 06:26 PM
My friend does this and she gets around it by asking parents to provide a packed lunch to save time. Don't know if you could do that. I personally prefer to give them a hot meal most lunch times but it's an option.

Ali x:)

Trouble
04-04-2008, 06:34 PM
if its dry you could take them on a picnic everyday:eek: :D

angeldelight
04-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Hope it works out

Let us know what you decide

Angel xx

sarahcoutts21
05-04-2008, 10:39 PM
hope it wors out let us know what you decide!

sarah xx

Rubybubbles
07-04-2008, 07:44 AM
My friend does this and she gets around it by asking parents to provide a packed lunch to save time. Don't know if you could do that. I personally prefer to give them a hot meal most lunch times but it's an option.

Ali x:)

The children bring their own to me too, it's saves so much time:D