PDA

View Full Version : Help needed 2 new starters tomorrow

Hayley G
30-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I have 2 new boys starting with me tomorrow age 3 and 6 (brothers) and i am not sure what to do as an ice breaker - I also mind a 2 yr old boy whose 2 girl cousins have just moved to another childminder out of the area and seems a bit worried about older boys.

Any tips for what to do on the first day to introduce them all to each other (and me) I will have both boys all day due to staff training at the school but the 6yr old would normally be afterschool only.

Thanks H

miffy
30-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Have you got any information on their interests? If you have them I'd work round that. If not I'd start by finding out what they like to do.

Look for things everyone can join in with like games/building bricks/den building/role play and just see how it goes.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine

Miffy xx

mushpea
30-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Ive got a new starter on thursday, she is after school and the hols only so i i think when we get in from school i will show her where her draw is, the toilet and her towel and things like that then i will show her where the toys are and tell her she can play with what she likes and then see what she goes for or if that dosent work then will ask her what she would like to do,, most things are acesible like drawing, stencils, playdough, chalks etc plus theres the garden,, she is 4 and i will have a 6yrold and my two that day so hoping they will play nicley together and i can then observe what she likes etc.