PDA

View Full Version : Another Parent moan grrrrrrrr

doodles
30-08-2010, 07:15 AM
So im lying in bed at 7am, awake but didnt want to get up and disturb anyone when i hear a loud knocking at the door.
I quickly go to the door in my pj's and its mindee age 10 and her mum!
Oh hi she says, arent you working today??
Me: Err, no! Its in the contract i dont work bank hols.
Mum:Oh ive never read that, are you able to have her then coz ive got shopping to do?
Me: Its 7am, the shops here dont even open til 10am and like i said before i dont work bank hols usually but could do with prior arrangement and you didnt ask me to!!
Mum: Oh for gods sake, are you doing anything today then?
Me: Yes, im off to Newcastle to ikea.
Her:Well she could come with you, i dont mind.
Me: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :panic: :angry:

Grrrrrrrr, she must think i have no life. When she collected S last fri i said see you tues and she said yeah, bye. No mention of today!!!!!

Marshmallow
30-08-2010, 07:22 AM
:eek: Lordy Lordy, no words for this sweetie, except, charge em loads !!!

Pipsqueak
30-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Sounds like a jauntily but caustic worded letter is overdue about reading documentation.

What you should have said though is 'of course I can have your daughter today - the rate is £15per hour for social hours between 9 and 5 and the rate for unsocial hours, before 9am is £20 - so that will be £40 for the next two hours and then at least £75 for the next (assuming) 5 hrs from 9am, plus the unarranged emergency care fee of £20 - making it a total of ... oh what the heck shall we square it of at £120' and stood there grinning like a manic

Ripeberry
30-08-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm totally speechless :eek: She wants you to have the child, even though you don't work a bank holiday, just so that mum can jaunt around the shops?

Well done for keeping your cool. I would have got really angry about this kind of invasion into my privacy and life :angry:

Ripeberry
30-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Sounds like a jauntily but caustic worded letter is overdue about reading documentation.

What you should have said though is 'of course I can have your daughter today - the rate is £15per hour for social hours between 9 and 5 and the rate for unsocial hours, before 9am is £20 - so that will be £40 for the next two hours and then at least £75 for the next (assuming) 5 hrs from 9am, plus the unarranged emergency care fee of £20 - making it a total of ... oh what the heck shall we square it of at £120' and stood there grinning like a manic

Classic :D :thumbsup:

wendywu
30-08-2010, 08:35 AM
I would have just stuffed my head back under the pillow :laughing:

She would have been lucky to get me out of bed at 7am on a bank holiday :angry:

singingcactus
30-08-2010, 08:50 AM
If that is how she actually spoke to you then I would be considering whether the before and after school income was worth having her back in my home. That was damned rude! 'Oh for Gods sake' Not in my home would she speak to me like that!

Emma B123
30-08-2010, 09:15 AM
oh how funny, not for you of course but you really did make me laugh:laughing:

nannymcflea
30-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Have a great time at Ikea.:D

Tina O
30-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I have posted a similar one this morning, I have said it before and probably will again but my job would be so much easier without parents xx

breezy
30-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Well done for keeping your cool, how dare she speak to you like that:angry:

miffy
30-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I don't think I would have kept my cool!

Can't believe the cheek of her - and at 7am too! :eek:

Miffy xx

karensmart4
30-08-2010, 11:52 AM

Like it :thumbsup:

Sarahbelle
30-08-2010, 12:06 PM

I like it too!:thumbsup:

Blue Boy
30-08-2010, 12:17 PM
outrageous:angry: Just a matter of interest do you get your parents to sign that they have seen, read and agreed your policies this includes your contract policy. That way they could never deny that they did not know that you din't work Bank Holidays and it is also a protection for you just incase something happens in other matters as you can prove thqat they have seen the policy. It has worked for us before.

The Juggler
30-08-2010, 05:08 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: love Pip's reply. So you can manage to shop with her daughter but she couldn't possibly????????

beggars belief

Tiddlywinks2
30-08-2010, 09:03 PM
OMG....why do so many of our parents just presume we are like nodding dogs!!!! Yes Miss, no Miss, three bags full Miss!!!
They forget that we have a life too!!!!
I know it wouldn't have been at all funny for you this morning at 7am but i must admit, this whole thread has really made me laugh as it is so typical of our job!!!

Tiddlywinks2 xxxxx

Shirlwith3
31-08-2010, 06:21 AM
I had a mum do that once to me what annoyed me at the time was that the childs dad was at home so he could of had him.

Paws
31-08-2010, 06:44 AM
So it's OK for you to take her child to the shops, but it's not OK for her to take her own child to the shops?

Eh?

:rolleyes:

bexcee
31-08-2010, 11:39 AM
You'd think she'd want to spend some time with her daughter on a bank holiday if she works the rest of the time. Bet her daughter would of enjoyed a mother/daughter day shopping.

Well done for standing your ground :)

Curly Quavers
31-08-2010, 11:55 AM
:eek:

Speechless

She is needing to get a grip!