PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel guilty when parent get it wrong?

Tina O
30-08-2010, 07:02 AM
So it's a bank holiday Monday, have been on holiday for last 3 weeks and due to start back at work tomorrow........

Mindee turns up this morning while I'm still in bed...... mum phones! "I'm on the doorstep!"

stood my ground, told mum, "No not working today" she huffed and puffed and went away with a comment " I'll call you when you are awake!"

I've checked my policy, say I don't work Bank Hols, checked last bill, says 28/29/30th bank hol weekend....... Tina Holiday ....

WHY DO I STILL FEEL I HAVE LET HER DOWN?????

Does anyone else feel like this? I know I did the right thing! (but feel really bad!) :( :(

Pipsqueak
30-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Nope - i don't feel guilty - espcially when I know I have told them all they need to know - verbally and in writing. NOT my fault they can't be bothered to read stuff.

Ripeberry
30-08-2010, 07:36 AM
You've told her, she did not listen or bother to read anything. Do you work other bank holidays? If you don't work any, then she is just angry at herself and was trying to save face by blaming you :mad:
Hope you managed to get a lie-in.

breezy
30-08-2010, 09:53 AM
i know what you mean, I sometimes feel like that, but then remind myself, it's their mistake and I've done everything I can do to inform them and I refuse to feel guilty!
Why doesnt she feel guilty for waking you up, spoiling your lie in and your bank holiday? She does, thats why shes cross with herself and taking it out on you !!

mushpea
30-08-2010, 10:49 AM
yes i do somtimes,, had new child start 3months ago,, gave parent the letter with my hol dates on,, reminded them that week that i wasnt working the end of the week and they had forgot! i still felt bad but dont know why!