PDA

View Full Version : 13 month old???

Emma B123
29-08-2010, 07:15 PM
have a new mindie starting next week. she is the youngest ive had so far. what kind of activities do you all plan for little ones thig age. she has just started walking but is still very unsteady and dosnt have shoes yet. i have plenty of age appropriate toys but my mind has gone a bit blank:blush: it seems so long ago my own little one was that age

maryp0ppins
29-08-2010, 07:20 PM
I find they play along with anything. I get the musical instruments out as the lo I look after loves the noise. He also plays with the blocks, books, treasure chest with bits & bobs in & recently he's been enjoying playing with the dolls & pushing the play pushchairs......I believe it has help assist his walking no end hth :thumbsup:

Emma B123
29-08-2010, 07:28 PM
thank u< do you do much art or things like that with him?

The Juggler
29-08-2010, 08:05 PM
I got a big mirror from the toy library. Treasure baskets.

If you have a small, indoor pop up tent you could set up with different things each day, books, soft toys, instruments, shiny stuff, balls.

sarahlorraine73
30-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I have two around that age and we do loads of arts and crafts and messy play, they always try to put it in their mouths but with close supervision I generally manage to keep most of it out of their mouths. We have lots of fun with paint, large mat or sheet on the floor, kids stripped down to nappies, fill a few pots with different coloured paints and let them explore the texture and colour and see what happens. Also play with gloop, sand, jelly, the list goes on and on. They love it. Good luck x