PDA

View Full Version : Not sure whether to apply for another variation

Zoomie
29-08-2010, 04:53 PM
A bit of history:

For the last six months I have had:
Monday - DD, 3y (am) and 22m and 20m (pm)
Tuesday - DD and 3y (am)
Wedneday - DD, 3y and 22m
Thursday - DD and 3y
Friday - DD, 3y and 22m

(4y mindee) mom contacted me in the playground many months ago and she was earmarked for my open spaces on Tuesday and Thursday.

So from September I was going to be completely full for EYFS.

However, 20m mindee (Monday pm only) contacted me to change days to Thursday so I have applied for a variation for this as I would have:

Thursday - DD, 4y, 3y and 20m.

As 4y is at nursery in morning and 3y in the afternoon I hope Ofsted will be agreeable.

But now 22m mindee's mom has also been in touch and I told her Thursdays were completely out, but she want me to apply to Ofsted for a variation for the Tuesday.

But I am really worried that I am over extending myself:

Monday - DD, 3y (am) and 22m and 20m (pm)
Tuesday - DD, 4y, 3y (am) and 22m
Wedneday - DD, 3y and 22m
Thursday - DD, 4y, 3y and 20m
Friday - DD, 3y and 22m

I am not sure what is particularly worrying me. We would not be able to get out in the afternoons on Tuesday and Thursday as the 22m / 20m will probably be nappying, and as the 4y is only with me at that times I am just worried.

BTW first variation (needed for 9/9) is still pending with Ofsted so don't know when best time would be to submit 2nd variation request (needed for 14/9), assuming I even decide to go ahead.

sarah707
29-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Sometimes you can break your back to accommodate parents requests for changes and the ones that are the most work to set up and run with are cancelled the quickest without thought for the hoops you have jumped through.

I would only do it if it really suited and if the children were easy / got on well together / were happy to bubble along at home.

It's a heck of a lot of work! :eek:

Oh and I'd ask as soon as possible in case Ofsted are taking ages / lose your application etc.

Good luck with the decision. :D