PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Vouchers

mwheeler
29-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Sorry if i have the wrong catergory, I have noticed around the forum that alot of childminders accept childcare vouchers. Could someone please tell me how these work on the childminder end.

For example, If i have a child in my care and the parent wishes to pay via a childcare voucher how do you go about cashing it etc. And do i have to do anything specific for them to be able to give me a voucher?

Many Thanks,

Mike

Mykidsrock
29-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi Mike

Depends on who you use. I use kiddi vouchers, busy bee and Sodexho. Sodexho I can cash online and takes 4 days to hit my bank account, other 2 I either send vouchers in or parents can ask them to pay me direct.

Really good way of getting paid and all you need to do is once you are registered, call them up and they will send you a reg form. Fill it in and enclose a copy of your registration certificate and they will issue you a carer id number. Give that number to your parents and you then get paid that way

Hope that help x

mwheeler
29-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Oh, It's that Easy.

Thankyou Very much that's another thing off my list, Great that ive actually found a forum that works!

sarah707
29-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Vouchers are a way of parents saving money!

Parents can pay up to £320 (I think that's the limit) and they save on tax.

They can only do this if their company agrees...

They will give you forms to complete and register with, then depending on the voucher company you will be set up to receive your money monthly.

Some take a while to go in... others are consistently late... some are really good and pay before bank holidays etc rather than after.

I would always recommend that you have a float in your account to cover late arrival of voucher money.

You also need to state in your fees policy that while you accept vouchers, ultimately it is the parents responsibility to pay you... on time!!

If the voucher does not arrive you should be asking parents for your money until it does.

Hth :D

juelmer
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
......but I was wondering if your partners company offers childcare vouchers can you put your own child with another childminder, in nursery etc?
This would be a great idea on my day off as I could then clean and catch up with paperwork and have some down time.

It sounds too good to be true so I'm presuming not but worth asking anyway!

Cheers..