PDA

View Full Version : Flexi contract

crazyhazy
29-08-2010, 12:35 PM
My first mindee who I had April-June (mum was at college) is due to come back to me this week, I've had her a few odd days over the summer. It's going to be on a pretty flexible basis, which I'm happy with cos I only have a vacancy for her until March so wasn't planning on filling those days, plus she is good friends with my own daughter so she'll be delighted! I'm just wondering how I go about completing a contract when the hours will vary? Do I just put hours/times to be agreed weekly in the box on the contract?

Thanks x

Tina O
29-08-2010, 03:18 PM
the way i would do it is to state on the contract that hours for next week (or month) will need to be agreed by a certain time so you will know what you are doing...

eg: on contact over days section I would write 'flexible hours' and then in notes I would say " hours needed for the next week must be agreed by the Thursday 6pm of the previous week and confirmed by email by Friday 6pm of previous week" that way you can plan your week without having everything change last minute and if there are any last minute changes you can refuse them if you have already made arrangments xx hope that helps

miffy
29-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I agree with Tina - you should have something in place to say when days/times must be agreed by otherwise you might get mucked about.

Are you planning on charging a minimum weekly fee? If so I'd put that in too and I'd also add once days/hours are agreed they must be paid for.

Miffy xx

tashaleee
29-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I would be happy to do an 'as and when required' contract where the parent only pays for the hours they use. However I always insist on booking hours as far in advance as they can and that less than 7 days notice I may not be free for them and less than 48 hours if they have booked a session and cancel they will be charged still (has worked for me no problems :thumbsup: )

crazyhazy
29-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks girls, I am happy with an as and when needed, will put something in to say I need to know on the friday the hours required the following week. It's agency type work she's doing and I know they don't get shifts more than a week in advance.

caz3007
29-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I work with a young couple who both work in retail and get their hours for the next week on a saturday, sometimes I find its a pain, but hey ho I agreed to be flexible with a minimum of 10 hours per week

ChocolateChip
29-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I put 'variable hours as agreed if available', sometimes there might be the odd day you don't want to work for some reason, but to add the bit about confirming by a certain day is a good idea!