PDA

View Full Version : Making a wall display board?

Chanelle
29-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Does anyone have a big display board to put children's pictures on? ... I want to make one but don't know what to make it out of?

I thought cork but hubby couldnt find any at Wickes!

If you have one can you tell me what it is made of and where do I buy the materials

Thanks

desiderata
29-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I have four cardboard ones bought from one of the suppliers. I put them up when the kids are here and then fold them behind the settee when theve gone. Blue tak only tho!!

keeks
29-08-2010, 12:21 PM
That's funny, I just came back from B&Q where I had a look for chip board for making a display board! :)

I'm sure our ones at work are made from chip board, then we cover it with either paper or fabric as a background. But now I looked at it it does seem very heavy. I was just discussing with my partner where to get cork, he doesn't know either so we were just going to google it!

Good luck, I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

x

keeks
29-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Here's a few ready made boards, a bit more expensive perhaps but easy to just put up. I really want to have a big one in the hallway with parent info at the top and children's area att the bottom with photos and pictures of things like our golden rules (we are kind to our friends etc). Then a smaller one in the play area where I can display their pictures.

http://www.staples.co.uk/display-presentation-boards-and-easels/noticeboards-cork-felt-and-pin/cork-and-felt-boards

Chanelle
29-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Okay .. that sounds okay ... I will goover and have a look . Thanks hun :) xx