PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know if the new course

Mookins
29-08-2010, 10:29 AM
LEVEL 3 CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLES WORKFORCE DIPLOMA has come into effect yet?

want to start my next lot of training/learning before my brain goes off:D

xxx

welshcake
29-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Now i think our local college has it listed and i was due to start the nvq and been told i cant as its change over this week ready for new start of the diploma next week, i am in Doncaster.

I think every college is different x

MrsShell
29-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I was just thinking about the same thing this morning!

I have looked on www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/qualifcations. It gives general information about the course and says it starts in September. I wanted to know if you have to do it at college or whether it is done in the setting. Not sure if I have missed it but can't see it on the website.

Be interested to see if anyone else has any more info.

Michelle x

Mollymop
29-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I read in Who Minds that it is due to start in Sept but that's all I know x

Mookins
29-08-2010, 11:17 AM
righto cheers peeps..will keep an ear out...wonder how much its gonna cost:rolleyes:

xx

littlemiracles
01-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Jennie,

Down here in Portsmouth our college has continued with the NVQ for another year and is going to wait until Sept 2011 before offering the new qualification. Prices here for the level 3 NVQ are £549 + £101 registration fee, no clue as to what the price will be for the new course. Prices do vary depending on location though so best to contact your local college. :)

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
My understanding is that it is being rolled out as of now. Contact your local EY department and ask for their training schedule, this may also be on line too.

Note that this is replacing ALL level 3 qualifications (sorry if you already knew that)

bexcee
03-09-2010, 10:51 PM
I am due to start my nvq3 in a couple of weeks, funding has been approved and I have been assigned a tutor.

Will this new qualification override what I am about to start?

Cazz
03-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Jen - if you manage to find out any information about the new course locally could you let me know please?

When I get a chance I'm going to contact workforce development and try and find out more info as I'm looking to do the course as well.

I don't even know if it's home study or you have to attend classes but if this is the case it would be great to have someone to go along with if you're interested?

wellybelly
04-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Round here there all starting in a couple of weeks - this is Derbyshire

Chell
04-09-2010, 07:27 AM
In NOrthaptonshire we've been given details of information sessions about it which are in October. It doesn't say the cost but says we get 90% funding up to a maximum of £1600 per year.

Mookins
04-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Jen - if you manage to find out any information about the new course locally could you let me know please?

When I get a chance I'm going to contact workforce development and try and find out more info as I'm looking to do the course as well.

I don't even know if it's home study or you have to attend classes but if this is the case it would be great to have someone to go along with if you're interested?

perfect caz, courses are much easier to manage when theres someone to copy ;)
just kidding be great will see whats the lowdown
xx

Eliza77
16-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

I started the new level 3 diploma last week (I live in Leicestershire). It cost £682.00 of which £400 was funded. At the moment it is being run alongside the NVQ3 at my college. I am the only student on my course (eeeek) but the college want to continue running it. I am the only person I know doing this new course!!! My tutor also teaches the NVQ3 and she says there are a lot of similarities.

I hope that helps

XX

mamasheshe
16-09-2010, 09:33 PM

i haven't been able to get a straight answer from them they keep refering me to childminding matters and they keep telling me contact workforce :angry: let me know if you lot get any further with them xxx:thumbsup:

Mookins
17-09-2010, 08:39 AM
i haven't been able to get a straight answer from them they keep refering me to childminding matters and they keep telling me contact workforce :angry: let me know if you lot get any further with them xxx:thumbsup:

i still havent heard back from the college either...gonna ring them i think.
cos they are clearly to rude to answer an email
will keep you posted
xx

Mookins
17-09-2010, 09:10 AM
HOW BIZARE JUST HAD AN EMAIL COME THROUGH:

Hi Jennie,

Thank you for your website enquiry. I am sorry for the late reply, we have had a significant increase in enquiries over our enrolment period and we are trying to respond as soon as possible.

The next level 3 Children and Young Peoples Workforce Diploma will start in September 2011. Unfortunately our current start date is oversubscribed. The current cost of the course is £1613. This fee may change for September 2011.

Applications for 2011 entry start in November. If you would like to apply for the course, you can download an application form from the following link:

www.ccn.ac.uk/applying-course

I hope this helps. If there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate in contacting me on the details below.

Gives me a while to start saving but then all could change, wonder if it can be done online?

xx

manjay
17-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Goodness me!!!! That's more than my degree is costing me:panic:

I have mixed feelings about this new diploma reading all the reviews about it. Maybe you are wise to wait until next year to give it a go.

NaggyNat
17-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I am starting it next week at my local college and its funded :)

NaggyNat
17-09-2010, 04:34 PM
BTW I am in Herts and it only costs £750 for a year and half course (funded tho - phew!) xx

Mookins
17-09-2010, 04:37 PM
BTW I am in Herts and it only costs £750 for a year and half course (funded tho - phew!) xx

do you go through your local council for funding?

xxx

Cazz
20-09-2010, 12:40 PM
HOW MUCH!!!! :eek: :eek:

Don't we get any sort of funding towards it? If not, I'm afraid I can't even consider it this side of Christmas! So it's probably a good thing that it's oversubscribed!

Tribe_mummy
22-09-2010, 11:27 AM
WOW That seems a huge amount. It's only £550.00 here! How can they justify that! I'm looking at doing it in feb through a part time evening course.

Mookins
22-09-2010, 11:41 AM
unless we do get funding i dont think im gonna be able to afford it, been going overmy accounts trying to get a budget set aside and unless im full every day and bump up my fees considerably im not goona be able to do it

perhaps i could start seling my body:idea:

xxx

clio0602
25-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi I was about to start CCLD NVQ3 when I heard about this and have looked at it on the NEC website. It says it is starting in October so I rang surestart and they will fund it 100% :clapping:

Anyone have experience with National Extension college at all? I am unable to do the course at local college as it is 2 nts a wk 4-9pm so this looks great for me (fingers crossed)

Mookins
25-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi I was about to start CCLD NVQ3 when I heard about this and have looked at it on the NEC website. It says it is starting in October so I rang surestart and they will fund it 100% :clapping:

Anyone have experience with National Extension college at all? I am unable to do the course at local college as it is 2 nts a wk 4-9pm so this looks great for me (fingers crossed)

right ive just found this website and course...who in the surestart group did you ring?
thanks for the info
xxx

Mookins
25-09-2010, 06:51 PM
unless we do get funding i dont think im gonna be able to afford it, been going overmy accounts trying to get a budget set aside and unless im full every day and bump up my fees considerably im not goona be able to do it

perhaps i could start seling my body:idea:

xxx

please note i did mean body parts not...you know:littleangel:

xx

doodles
25-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi, I started this course on monday. It is £735 through my local college but surestart are funding mine.

Mookins
25-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi, I started this course on monday. It is £735 through my local college but surestart are funding mine.

have lookedon the sure start website but cant see any details with regards to funding can anone help please

xx

Helcatt
25-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Do I need to do this if I have already done the DHC?

Am thinking of doing something anyway just to keep my brain working

HX

clio0602
26-09-2010, 02:11 PM
have lookedon the sure start website but cant see any details with regards to funding can anone help please

xx

I called my local surestart support team. They are the ones who sort out all the funding and courses for us. I did my Pre reg, ICP and First aid with them too. Sorry is it not the same in all areas? xx

Tribe_mummy
26-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Phone you childminding co ordinator or development officer though your FIS. They will advise what the council will fund and give you contact numbers :) That's what I did anyway, but sure they can help

tulip0803
26-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I am due to start my nvq3 in a couple of weeks, funding has been approved and I have been assigned a tutor.

The new qualification will not override the NVQ3, the NVQ will still be a recognised qualification of the same level. It is just them updating and trying to get one qualification for everyone who works with children and young people instead of the many different ones there have been.

I have the old L3 Cache Certificate in Childminding Practice and that is still recognised as a childminding qualification. I am also working towards the NVQ L3 now.

mrs.h
29-09-2010, 01:01 PM
hiya,

i am interested in this qualification and got an email from my network yesterday saying it is 80% funded, i have to pay £260 plus vat and workshops start in november.
i read on here now that you can also do this at a local college. who will i have to call to find out about funding? and how long will it take to gain the qualification?

i am in oxfordshire.

thanks,
mrs.h

Mookins
29-09-2010, 03:42 PM
have been told there is no funding for the course.

:(

xxx

Nat78
29-09-2010, 05:27 PM
My assistant is starting it next week through alliance learning. Costing £70 here in Bury, Lancs.

mamasheshe
29-09-2010, 05:57 PM

xxx

me too:( but there still trying to sort out some but don't know when :( thought i might try through ou?

CHEEKY BEE
29-09-2010, 06:07 PM

hi, yes i did the unit 1 of the Diploma in Home Based Childcare through the NEC. That unit was really straighforward so I don't know what the new Diploma will be like through them.

I had a tutor who I sent my assignments through to and she marked them. I also had to go to Letchworth, which is a little way from me, to do the final Multiply Choice question test. You can probably do these sorts of test at a college local to you but worth checking.

It really depends how much support u want when studying.

Good Luck:)

glitzygal
29-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I have finished my NVQ3 and I thought the diploma was the same as NVQ and i was informed I wouldnt need to do it as I have got my NVQ qualificatiion.
any advice
PLEASE:panic: :panic:

Cazz
29-09-2010, 11:04 PM

xxx

Once again this seems to depend on which area of the country you live in :angry:

Lots of new childminders get a grant to help them set-up but how much do we get here in Norfolk - a big fat zero!! :(

tulip0803
30-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I have finished my NVQ3 and I thought the diploma was the same as NVQ and i was informed I wouldnt need to do it as I have got my NVQ qualificatiion.
any advice
PLEASE:panic: :panic:

BOth qualificatons are equal. This is just a rebranding to get 1 qualification for all people working with children and young people. Your NVQ is valid and recognised. Same way that NNEB is still recognised and O levels/CSE are still recognised.

You do not need to re-do it

Chell
14-10-2010, 08:01 PM
It is £1600 here but the childminder should only have to pay £160 as there are grants to cover the rest. These are only available if you apply by November to start in January. They don't know what funding there will be in the new financial year.

At the moment it is being offered on Thursday during the day so totally useless for childminders! :angry: I won't be doing it unless they can offer the taught sessions at weekends or in the evening. There is no way I can take off Thursday once a month for months to do the course. :(

babs
14-10-2010, 08:04 PM

ive just started my nvq 3 well 3 weeks ago and was told new one wouldnt overide it ...

Bambini
15-10-2010, 04:23 PM
It is costing £1,100 here in Bat - £800 is funded and the Childminder has to find the rest.

xxx

alicia77
19-10-2010, 02:05 PM
OMG £2150 with the National Extension College!!!

nb73
19-10-2010, 04:14 PM
I have just started this course in essex and is fully funded by our local authority. All I can say is that there are a lot of assignments 9 in total all to be done by dec. Didnt help we only got our logins yesterday to do online and were given 5 assignments last week! Good luck ladies! X

NaggyNat
20-10-2010, 08:05 AM
do you go through your local council for funding?

xxx

Sorry, havent been on here lately :(

Yes I did go through the local authrotiy for funding hun. I am three weeks in now and all going well :)

xxx

shellib
10-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I start my course tomorrow and was told it should take just under a year to complete, hopefully that time will go in nice and quick!! :D

I'l be traveling to Bolton to do mine.It's roughly £800, with me paying £100 towards it....