PDA

View Full Version : Morning,

welshcake
29-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Hi

My registration came thru last week. i have my first child starting on 2nd :eek:
and i am scared lol. TBH i havnt got the foggiest how to observe i know thats daft but my mentor is away for 4 wks and i seriously need advice.

Would u say just take the time my mentor is away to settle into it and then start observing or are u meant to do that every day with everything u do.

Didnt want to seem a complete air head.

Any advice would be great :thumbsup:

Mookins
29-08-2010, 08:56 AM
HI HUN
i too start soon and havent a scooby doo :blush:

but i think it will be a case of just getting to know the child and what they do and dont like etc...which will in fact be observing?! so doing it without actually doind anything...ideas and plans will hopefully then start forming

this is what im hoping anyway

xxx

sarah707
29-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Spend the first week or 2 getting to know the child.

Go along with any activity the child wants to do... that will give you your initial observations and planning.

Then when the child is settled and happy playing, you can start challenging him with new activities.

Write up the child's routine for parents so that they know what is happening each day and pop a copy in the child's file.

Anything else just ask! :D

welshcake
29-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks both of u as i was typing this i just had another enquiry for a 10 month old. god its in deep i think :eek:

I have already thought of a topic for next 2 months going to cover autumn and do things round that with her.

just very nervous.

x x x

Mookins
29-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks both of u as i was typing this i just had another enquiry for a 10 month old. god its in deep i think :eek:

I have already thought of a topic for next 2 months going to cover autumn and do things round that with her.

just very nervous.

x x x

THATS BRILLIANT NEWS WEL DONE

xxx