PDA

View Full Version : I feel I need some structure!

crazyhazy
28-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Ok, so I have survived my first week :clapping:

But now I'm trying to think what to do next week, and feel I need some sort of theme to base my plans on but not sure where to start. My brain is like mush after the early starts all week :( So what do you do? Do you have monthly/weekly/seasonal themes to base your activities on? Or do you go with the flow?

Thanks xx

Kes
28-08-2010, 06:54 PM
I base it on what the children are interested in at the time and fill any gaps in with seasons or festivals.

crazyhazy
28-08-2010, 07:10 PM
I base it on what the children are interested in at the time and fill any gaps in with seasons or festivals.

Thanks x

See I think that's going to be difficult, at the moment I have 11y and 4.5y who are only with me till the end of Sept, so not too much worrying there. Then I also have a 6m old who is happy just playing but a 9y to amuse along with my own 2 of 23m and 3.5y, guess I'm just wondering if I had a theme I could then find age relevant activities for each of them.

Twinkles
28-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Why don't you get a multi cultural / seasonal calender plan a few activities and it will spin off from there.

If for example you start with Autumn I bet you could find activities suitable for everyone. Then when you are doing the activity you will no doubt be inspired by what the children do and talk about. You can then do individual plans from that.

mushpea
28-08-2010, 08:24 PM
for the younger ones i have a theme which lasts each half term (6weeks) the next one is being healthy, previous ones were mii beasts, under the sea, transport, people who help us, nursery rhymes,, you can search loads of stuff on line for the themes,, websites like www.activityvillage.co.uk, twinkle, under5's.com,, comminication4all.com are great websites,
with the older ones i tend to ask them what they want to do the night before or even that day, if i get no response i suggest somthing but generaly they either play toghether or we get the paints out, or cooking or go to the park, after school they tend to want to chill out.

miffy
28-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Get the older children involved in what you're planning - ask for their ideas on what they would like to do/make/find out about.

Miffy xx