PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Insurance

bexcee
28-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi,
My Public Liability insurance runs out tomorrow :eek:

Can I have NCMA insurance without being a member of NCMA? Have searched their website and it doesn't say.
Would prefer the NCMA insurance but don't want to be a member of NCMA anymore.
Might go with MM instead unless there are any other companies out there for childminders?

Thanks in advance for your help.

beccas
28-08-2010, 12:54 PM
hi i have been with ncma for 8 years but this year i renewed with mm so much better £41 for the year and great creative mag as well and so helpful i even have my home ins with them now.

louised
28-08-2010, 03:24 PM
You can't have NCMA insurance if you are not a member, I renewed with MM as I didn't want to be a member of NCMA anymore

Sarahbelle
28-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Don't get me started on NCMA. They are currently in my bad books! Renewed my membership and insurance with them. Still waiting for my new Public Liability Insurance Certificate. Two phone calls later along the lines of " oh my goodness, we are really sorry, I will get that in the post to you" later and still no Certificate.

I think I will be giving MM a try when it comes up for renewal. In the meantime, I will be phoning NCMA again!!!

Sarahbelle
28-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Rant over! Oh and so sorry for hijacking your thread.:blush:

bexcee
28-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I've heard nothing but bad things about NCMA lately :panic:

Think I will give MM a go as they have been recommended to me several times and they are cheaper than NCMA membership and PL insurance.

Such a shame though as NCMA *should* be the leaders in this field :(

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
28-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Answer to the OP

No you must be a member to have their insurance

miffy
28-08-2010, 09:01 PM
MM are cheaper than NCMA because they are just an insurance company - their public liability insurance is dearer than NCMA's BUT because you also pay a membership fee with NCMA it seems MM is cheaper.

NCMA represent ALL childminders whether you are a member or not - they lobby parliament and Ofsted on your behalf. For instance, Childminders would probably be paying a lot more for our annual registration fee if it weren't for NCMA.

If no-one joined NCMA, there wouldn't be anybody to represent childminders on wider issues.

Miffy xx

Playmate
28-08-2010, 09:14 PM
MM are cheaper than NCMA because they are just an insurance company - their public liability insurance is dearer than NCMA's BUT because you also pay a membership fee with NCMA it seems MM is cheaper.

NCMA represent ALL childminders whether you are a member or not - they lobby parliament and Ofsted on your behalf. For instance, Childminders would probably be paying a lot more for our annual registration fee if it weren't for NCMA.

If no-one joined NCMA, there wouldn't be anybody to represent childminders on wider issues.

Miffy xx

Well said Miffy :D

bexcee
28-08-2010, 10:12 PM

Miffy xx

I know that is all very true but i don't feel that I am supported by NCMA as an individual member.

sarah707
29-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Morton Michel offer a range of benefits with their insurance such as...

- A help line

- An email newsletter about childcare issues

- A childminder club - which includes discounts for magazines and lots of other childcare related resources

- Paperwork

- Eyfs training guides

- A free emailed copy of Creative Minds magazine

- Other insurance for childminders such as house, car etc.

They also give you debt recovery protection for over £100.

Have a read through the document on here for more information... :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=61498