PDA

View Full Version : Russian Dolls

cas2805
28-08-2010, 09:45 AM
As a child I used to love playing with my Godmother's set of Russian dolls. Because of this I would like to buy a set for the children to play with. I have done some searching online and each set says "This is not a toy" which I understand and I am happy to remove the smaller dolls if allowing small children to play with them. Anyone seen any "Toy" ones for sale?

nannysue
28-08-2010, 10:51 AM
I have 2 different ones .... one is 7 parts with the very last one being a tiny cat !! I got them them from Ebay , i think they are listed under Nesting Dolls as well as Russian Dolls . All my little ones love playing with them , as you say removing the tiny pieces if they are very young ones.

Good for PSR&N !!!! if you have your head in EYFS mode :laughing:

gigglinggoblin
28-08-2010, 11:58 AM
You can buy them unpainted from places like baker ross / yellow moon, so the kids (or you) could paint your own. As the craft websites are aimed at kids you shouldnt have any scary 'not a toy' warnings

margaret
28-08-2010, 12:09 PM
i bought a nest of birds from ELC earlier this year ,very good for 18mths plus ,dont have to worry if they chew them. We have a baboushka - mother christmas ,an owl and a penguin ,which i have in story sacks ,kids love them

margaret
28-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Forgot to say ebay ,carboot,charity shop and christmas one from ikea

Dragonfly
28-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I have them to and no problemss:)

miffy
28-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I got mine from a charity shop - I'm sure Ikea used to sell them but they were quite expensive.

I do take the smallest ones away if there are very young children around but the kids do love putting them together and lining them up

Miffy xx

cas2805
29-01-2011, 03:45 PM
What a great deal and better late then never.

I didn't get around to ordering some online and I have just walked past a charity shop who had three animal dolls in their window. Two ducks and one monkey. They each had 5 dolls and were £5 each so I had to buy two sets!:clapping: