PDA

View Full Version : they make me laugh

julie w
27-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Over the summer holidays I've been really busy with loads of children. They seem to have this thing now that when I am out with them (up to 8 children) they will all call me mum. They do it just to see peoples reactions and they find it hilarious. I often wonder what these people must think of me, as the children all look so different.:D

Tinglesnark
27-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Lmfaooooooooooo little monkeys, I'll bet people think your a dirty ole reeny
haha
x

onceinabluemoon
28-08-2010, 07:15 AM
lol, little devils. People judge far too quickly in my opinion.

I had an old woman barge past me in a shop on Thursday, She looked at 'my' children and tutted and muttered "one dark, and one white and blonde" and shoved her way through the tiniest of gaps. (One of the children I was minding that day is mixed race, the other pale and blonde - couldn't get two different looking kiddies if you tried)

As she passed she must have glimpsed my tee shirt which says clearly on it that I'm a childminder and her attitude changed completely and she stopped and cheerily chatted to the children and I.

The thing is, what difference does it make if a mum has two children from different ethnic backgrounds, as long as they are both loved, cared for and happy it shouldn't matter...

ajs
28-08-2010, 07:25 AM

I had an old woman barge past me in a shop on Thursday, She looked at 'my' children and tutted and muttered "one dark, and one white and blonde" and shoved her way through the tiniest of gaps. (One of the children I was minding that day is mixed race, the other pale and blonde - couldn't get two different looking kiddies if you tried)

As she passed she must have glimpsed my tee shirt which says clearly on it that I'm a childminder and her attitude changed completely and she stopped and cheerily chatted to the children and I.

The thing is, what difference does it make if a mum has two children from different ethnic backgrounds, as long as they are both loved, cared for and happy it shouldn't matter...

that's why i won't wear anything that shows i am a childminder, mind your own business deary.

i think your mindees calling you mum is very funny, what little monkeys :clapping:

love381
28-08-2010, 08:03 AM

Things like this drive me crazy. Somebody could've adopted two different children from different ethnic backgrounds. Somebody could have one from a first relationship and one for a second - doesn't mean anything as there are numerous reasons for this, father passing away, new and better father, rape for first child (my very best friend has experienced this and now has a mixed race 2nd and dad to 2nd loves 1st as his own!! 1st is 15 and 2nd is 13, brilliant family). Why do people have to judge!!!??? x