PDA

View Full Version : out and about 360

*donnalouise*
27-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I have purchased an out and about 360 nipper (second hand) as I have a full time 5 month old mindee starting wed (and have my own little girl aged 11mth).

I thought I'd take it out for a trial today with my three year old and baby in. Luckily only walked to the corner shop. I cant believe it.... one of the wheels has gone flat!!!:panic:

Is this a common fault??? I have pumped it back up and cant find a puncture. I was just thinking had I been on a nice long walk with the babies (and toddler in tow) im not sure what I'd do! In this case my 3yr old got out and walked and I kind of tipped it up and wheeled it home.

Is there such a thing as an emergency kit or something for these? Have any of you had problems with the wheels. I do love the pram but this has really put me off it now!!!

littletreasures
27-08-2010, 07:17 PM
You can get some green gloop to fill the tyre with which stops a puncture.

I also bought a small pump which I keep in one of the pockets behind the seats for that 'just in case' moment!!

sweets
27-08-2010, 07:28 PM
You can get some green gloop to fill the tyre with which stops a puncture.

I also bought a small pump which I keep in one of the pockets behind the seats for that 'just in case' moment!!

when i bought my jane powertwin second hand i got a puncture in this first week too! as a friend suggested i took the wheel to the local bike shop to get the puncture fixed and they found that the tyre was full of the green gloop which they said is awful stuff that is really messy and doesnt really stop or fix punctures! they fixed it in 10 mins while i waited and it only cost me a fiver. like bike tyres pram wheels do puncture occasionaly and the best way to prevent it as much as poss is to make sure they are always blown up quite hard.

littletreasures
27-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Ooooh Sweets, hadn't heard that about the gloop.

Thanks, I haven't got round to putting it in my Nipper yet. I won't bother now, just keep carrying the pump around.

sweets
27-08-2010, 08:02 PM
id heard of it before and thought it would be good, but never used it, the bike shop told me it wasnt good to use and didnt really help.:thumbsup:

flora
27-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Best advice already given, keep your tyres pumped up all the time and don't add the gloop, I ahve heard negative things about it too.

I have only had one puncture in two yrs and I live in the middle of no where and was at one point bumpin up and down and unmade track twice a day :D

Dragonfly
28-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Have used gloop in mine for 5years approx, before that was always getting puntures, it has worked for me and several people i know (have a nipper double) great stuff:thumbsup: