PDA

View Full Version : Back up Childminder

venus89
27-08-2010, 11:52 AM
In case of an emergency where I have to call on my backup childminder to take care of the children I have that day, if she goes over her numbers just while waiting for the parents to get there is that OK? I'm assuming it is as it would be an emergency but wouldn't want to put her in a situation where she could get in trouble.

aly
27-08-2010, 01:05 PM
if its an emergency it doesnt have to be a childminder..it can be any responsible adult..neighbour etc for emergencies.

AliceK
27-08-2010, 02:49 PM
if its an emergency it doesnt have to be a childminder..it can be any responsible adult..neighbour etc for emergencies.

I have my OH as my emergency contact, all the children know him and he knows the parents and obviously he is CRB checked.
In the case of another childminder I would assume that as it was an emergency it would be OK.

xxxxxx

aly
27-08-2010, 03:05 PM
i did ask similar questiona while ago so ill see if i can find it but yeah it should be ok as an emergency

FussyElmo
27-08-2010, 04:47 PM
If you use a cm and she/he goes over their numbers I think you have to inform ofsted. It is allowable you just have to inform them that you have to go over your numbers :thumbsup:

venus89
27-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Thank you all. I'm hoping I never have need to use the emergency backup but I need to know it's OK if I do have to to use another CM if necessary..... My DH works further away than any of the parents so it can't be him.

sarah707
27-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I had an emergency situation recently and left them all (5 children of varying ages) with Nige.

He is registered for over 5s only so I rang Ofsted the next day.

They were fine with it, just thanked me for letting them know... so it's not a problem in a real emergency :D