PDA

View Full Version : How Much Space Do you Have?

VINASOL
27-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I was just wondering how much space everyone has to childmind.

I have a 2 bed terrace cottage that has a front room/dining room combined (total 22ft lenght/12ft wide maybe), a tiny kitchen but a lean-to/conservatory which is about 8ft wide and a 10 ft garden. I'm registered to care for 2 children under 8 (I have two children myself, nearly 8 and 3).

Was just wondering really if my space was too small for some people because of the front room being one whole room, not seperate and wondered how everyone else managed with their space?

Maria :blush: :p

Pipsqueak
27-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Hiya Maria, some people have smaller spaces than that to mind from so don't worry.
Thanks to a recent extension (lucky me), my dining room became my dedicated play room - sounds posh but it ain't really.
I use the sitting room as the 'quiet/rest' room and then I have the diner/kitchen.
So for me quite a bit of space really but people manage well in flats as well.

donnagwynne
27-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Maria don't worry about how much space you have.

Most members on this forum will tell you, however much you have it is never enough. That goes for everything else too. You could always do with more indoor space/outdoor space/storage space etc.

Just use what you have. That is all anyone can expect.

Hugs,

Donna

Tinglesnark
27-08-2010, 01:37 PM
ive got a 2 bed semi with no dining room, just an alcove in the sitting where i have managed to squeeze in a dining table :laughing: i think the room is either 20ftx 12ft or 16ftx12ft - cant quite rememeber so hardly olympic proportions :laughing:
we do have a conservatory that a customer "gave" to dp which will be our dining room and toy store! my goodness i need that space!
i think it depends on what sort of house the parents live in as to how they view the soze of yours really. i have had one or two snort at my lack of room as they lived in "a massive 5 bed detached dahling!" and others that gasp at how modern it is and what a fab garden we have.

horses for courses so be proud of your home!

x

watgem
27-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I don't have much space and don't live in a posh house lol! but I guess we are like many preschools, some are in swanky purpose built units with landscaped gardens and others are in a hall shared with the rest of the community so have to pack everything away each time, Its the people inside that are the most important thing about a setting, all the space in the world won't matter a bit if the people running the setting aren't kind, caring and passionate about children:)

miss mopple
27-08-2010, 06:46 PM
wise words watgem :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
28-08-2010, 06:57 PM
well said watgem:clapping:

haribo
28-08-2010, 08:58 PM
i have a terraced house with a through lounge /dining room which is the main play area then a smallish kitchen and a small garden .. i think the largest houses and gardens wont make children happy unless they are engaged with and the space is welcoming to them so im happy with what i have and so are my children and parents :thumbsup:

miffy
28-08-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't have much space and don't live in a posh house lol! but I guess we are like many preschools, some are in swanky purpose built units with landscaped gardens and others are in a hall shared with the rest of the community so have to pack everything away each time, Its the people inside that are the most important thing about a setting, all the space in the world won't matter a bit if the people running the setting aren't kind, caring and passionate about children:)

Enough said! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx