PDA

View Full Version : which insurance on my house?

padpad83
27-08-2010, 10:04 AM
hi just a quick question really, i'm in the process of renewing my house insurance... do i need business insurance on my home being a childminder? or just normal house insurance? thanks in advance! :)

wellybelly
27-08-2010, 10:13 AM
I get home insurance through the NCMA "home minder" which covers you for both.

Mrs Pootle
27-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I went with Morton Michel who were half the price of my previous insurer. If you tell your insurer that you are a childminder they will tell you whether or not they can provide cover.
My previous insurer (Halifax) would not include accidental damage cover for either buildings or contents. I got quotes from a few places & then rang Morton Michel who I found to be very efficient, a lot cheaper, and they cover me for accidental damage.:clapping:

sarah707
27-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I have struggled getting accidental damage in the past as well.

I am with Churchill at the moment and they are fine about me being a childminder :D

CTL03
01-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi,
I'm due to start childminding next week, but I've only got normal household insurance. Am I ok with this for the time being or do I NEED to change?
Please help!
xx

RachelE
01-09-2010, 12:28 PM
I am with the halifax and they were fine with me being a childminder.
It was really competitive too.

I also have the home emergency added into this (minimal amount) which was a godsend when our bolier packed up 3 weeks ago, they came fixed it and it didnt cost any extra! :thumbsup:

Rachel x

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
I have struggled getting accidental damage in the past as well.

I am with Churchill at the moment and they are fine about me being a childminder :D

I am with churchill and have normal insurance with accidential cover (my own family) and they are aware that I am a childminder which is mentioned on the policy

SJ35
06-09-2010, 03:36 PM
hi,
i'm with the co op insurance and they were fine about me childminding- not that i've started yet though lol!

Stacey x

tulip0803
06-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I am with Direct Line & they were fine with me being a minder.

If you do not tell them that you are a minder and then have a claim they could refuse to pay out even if it has nothing to do with minding.

Monkey26
06-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I am in the middle of sorting mine also, joy of joys! I was originally going to go with NCMA-bluefin/aviva as this is who my car insurance is with but then i rang Morton Michel on the off chance (wasn't expecting a lot of help as they wouldnt provide me with car insurance as a CM because i am under 25!!!) but they quoted me a very reasonable price of £127 for childminding from a 2 bed ground floor flat. I am just waiting for my partner to come home from work to check it all over but i think that we will be going with them this year :) HTH x