PDA

View Full Version : bad start already

hollyoaksmad
27-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Parent has mentioned before that she does not want to bring in food for lil one,
so i wrote a letter and discussed with her that there would be an extra £1. charge per meal. snacks included!

But today she said she wont be bringing Jars any more or anything which i can understand, im not very good at cooking thats y i have not done it up to yet...

then I said if you rememberer ther would be a charge she said I haven't had to pay anywhere else I said well I have put my rates up to £4 ph including food and your only on £3.50

she is single parent thats y i feel obliged to do that should i stick to my guns?

Mookins
27-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Parent has mentioned before that she does not want to bring in food for lil one,
so i wrote a letter and discussed with her that there would be an extra £1. charge per meal. snacks included!

But today she said she wont be bringing Jars any more or anything which i can understand, im not very good at cooking thats y i have not done it up to yet...

then I said if you rememberer ther would be a charge she said I haven't had to pay anywhere else I said well I have put my rates up to £4 ph including food and your only on £3.50

she is single parent thats y i feel obliged to do that should i stick to my guns?

how many hours is the mindee with you? do you charge all children an extra £1 an hour for food?

id stick to your guns hun....she cant have it both ways, but then if shes there for example 9-5pm thats £8 extra a day for for how ever many days...you could always point that out to her she could buy jars of food cheaper than that!!

xx

Twinkles
27-08-2010, 09:53 AM
I think £1 is a very reasonable charge for a meal.

However, you must be careful. What does your contract say ? I know you say you've given her a discount but is that reflected in your contract ? Does it specifically say ' £3.50 to include meals' or '£3.50 providing meals are bought by parent' ?

You need to stand firm on this as she's already getting a discount.

Mookins
27-08-2010, 09:54 AM
sorry have just re-read your post and thought yo were charging £1 extra

im getting confused with your charges

stick to ya guns hun

xx

Mollymop
27-08-2010, 10:48 AM
If she does't want to pay you then she will have to provide her own meals. Don't give in.
If the contract doesn't state anything about meals being included then you are fine to charge her extra. You started off with her bringing her own meals, so why should you have to be out of pocket just because she doesn't want to anymore?

Tell her that all childminders work differently and by the time you have bought food you are sometimes worse off, that is why you have to charge.

wellybelly
27-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Defo stick to your guns hun

hollyoaksmad
27-08-2010, 10:50 AM
child attends 8am to 6pm ... its 35 pound for the day.

I have put charges up for others as they are new and i was told to put my prices up as im qualified nursery nurse

But £1. for meal seems ok for me as i lose out at end of the day

little chickee
27-08-2010, 10:57 AM
£1 for a meal is probably too cheap - i would struggle to provide any meal for that little so shes being a bit daft if she doesnt want to pay it.

Tinglesnark
27-08-2010, 11:35 AM
its tricky isnt it? how could you work out how much it would cost to make the meal?
deffo dont give in! see if you can work out the exact cost of a few meals and then show her!

x

Chimps Childminding
27-08-2010, 12:05 PM
If you are going to provide meals make sure you are not out of pocket, but if you really don't want to do it, then don't!!! I don't provide meals all my mindees come with packed lunch and either have tea at home or parents provide something!!! Its your business, its up to you what you do!!

Mookins
27-08-2010, 12:08 PM
If you are going to provide meals make sure you are not out of pocket, but if you really don't want to do it, then don't!!! I don't provide meals all my mindees come with packed lunch and either have tea at home or parents provide something!!! Its your business, its up to you what you do!!

well said i too decided against providing meals main reason, am rubbish at cooking:blush: lol

xxx

Chimps Childminding
27-08-2010, 12:11 PM
well said i too decided against providing meals main reason, am rubbish at cooking:blush: lol

xxx

I hate cooking only do it cause we would starve otherwise :laughing:

Mookins
27-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I hate cooking only do it cause we would strave otherwise :laughing:

:clapping:
my husband has been doing a lot recently he says his stomach isnt as strong as it used to be lol

xx

blue bear
27-08-2010, 12:30 PM
it would cost you more than you charge to pay for the jars, £1 is really cheap for meals and snacks for the day.

my contracts all state parents are to provide meals, I have one which I now provide meals for at a cost of £1.50 per meal, generally is something I've cooked up for family and kept a portion back.

Check what you have put in contract and go from there, if you have stated all included and you are changing it you need to give a months notice, same as putting up hourly rate.

mum needs to think about this because if you put up her hourly rate and include meals its going to cost more, but for you it would be less complicated to have everyone the same.

Chimps Childminding
27-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by CAROLYN
I hate cooking only do it cause we would strave otherwise

My cooking is as bad as my spelling :laughing: starve obviously :blush: