PDA

View Full Version : Done NVQ 3 What next???Advise please!

stressed
27-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi i finnished my ccld nvq 3 in April and not sure what to move on to now i thought about maybe doing a degree but dont know which one and also only have one mindee at the moment so a bit worried that if i did start one and ended up with no mindees then what?? how long do they take?? are they really hard?? is there anything eles i could do?? I would be great full of any advise:idea:

Pipsqueak
27-08-2010, 09:37 AM
I (and many others on here) have gone on to do and complete the Foundation Degree and then the BA Hons.

I won't lie -its been hard work but interesting and informative, definately making a difference to my practice, knowledge and personal and professional satisfaction.

blue bear
27-08-2010, 09:41 AM
After lots of debate I decided to take an NVQ4, it fitted my personal circumstances more, it's not so useful though if you are intending to get employed in the future.

venus89
27-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm going on to do the EYPS, but I already have a degree so I can do the dhort pathway. Upwards is definately the way to go so perhaps try the OU, you can do modules towards a degree and build up the level of difficulty as you go.

watgem
27-08-2010, 06:54 PM
last year I started the foundation degree, I go to uni one day a week and work the rest. I won't lie its very hard work, and takes a lot of organising both of work, study and also it helps if your family are on board, not always possib;le or easy, but it has definitley helped me to be a more reflective practitioner, has greatly increased my knowledge and understanding of ECM and EYFS and it has been great networking with pratitioners from a variety of settings and backgrounds. I am lucky and get the loan, tuition fee and mainteneance grant which comes to more than I earn as a childminder, so losing a days work hasn't affected me financially. I gave all parents a years notice that i would be unavailable one day a week and helped them find cover if necessary. All in all I am very pleased that I am doing it, and with all the cuts going on feel very lucky too. I would definitely recommend it:)