PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

nikijc0205
26-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Next week is my last week of work :panic: so I really need to get myself out there! My middle son will be starting at a new school next week. I am hoping that once people know I childmind I will get some work.

I have thought of giving myself a name, for example "Little Pickles" and then I can advertise on my car with those magnetic signs. I am also going to get a website and hopefully this will help.

What do you think. Has anyone else any ideas???????????
Please help anyone. I live in kent not far from Tonbridge.
Thank you in advance for any replies.x

The Juggler
27-08-2010, 07:20 AM
i would speak to your local development officer/family information service. She'll be able to tell you where the gaps are for parents seeking childcare and you could target that market.

Also advertise on netmums and childcare.co.uk.

heatherw
27-08-2010, 07:35 AM
i would get some business cards printed and give them out when you take your ds to school. How about a t-shirt to wear that says childminder on it? That way people will know what you do. I would also give your details to the school. Our local infants keep a list of minders so if parents ask the school can tell them who collects from there.

pinky33
27-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Where abouts near tonbridge I'm close to there also and might be able to help :)

Hazel

nikijc0205
27-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Hazel

I'm in East Peckham but will be drop off and collect from Capel School in Five Oak Green.

nikijc0205
27-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Where abouts near tonbridge I'm close to there also and might be able to help :)

Hazel

Hi Hazel
I live in East Peckham but my school run will be to and from Capel School in Five Oak Green.

kentcfis
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
I am also going to get a website and hopefully this will help.

Hi nikijc0205

Just remember to inform us of your web address when up and running so that we can add it to your profile.

Additionally, in Kent the local NCMA branch support all childminders - we can also support you should you want to contact us directly.

Kent CFIS
08000 32 32 30