PDA

View Full Version : Just had a very wierd couple interview me - dont really know if they want me or not..

mrs robbie williams
26-08-2010, 05:54 PM
The man was due to arrive at 5 and text to say he wouldnt be here until 630 so I waited and waited, got all my paperwork ready, tidied and cleaned the house, banished the kids to their rooms :laughing: he finally arrived just after 630 with his wife who didnt look at all well. Anyway they werent interested at all in my policies, what I would do with the children, daily routine (children are 7 and 9 and its only 3 days next week although i do usually only do term time) the man was more worried about the fees i charge which i explained and then the lady asked what time i would be collecting them in the morning ??? I said they would need to drop and collect from here.
They then went into a discussion about how she was off sick so do they really need a childminder for the 3 days :eek: he kind of agreed with her and they went - he said he would be in touch. Am I missing something or have they just totally wasted my time???

em29
26-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Idiots. Sounds to me like they were just being nosey and wondering exactly how much childcare costs. Ridiculous people. as if we do not have enough to sort out its ****** weirdos like this as well....:panic:

Carol M
26-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Yep, I would say they have totally wasted your time:angry:
Plonkers!!
Carol xx

karensmart4
26-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I would say that it sounds like a case of lack of communication between them and you were brought into the middle of it!!

How awful for you, pain in the bum some people.

suchagoodgirl
26-08-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't agree. If they need emergency Childcare because mum is sick they won't really care what you do for 7 & 9 yr olds. They just want someone to keep their children safe. Perhaps mum is booked in for an operation / chemo and they have very little family support. Cost would be the only factor as they'll be losing income due to her sickness. If they don't call back you've not lost out. I think they will if they can afford though.

breezy
26-08-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't agree. If they need emergency Childcare because mum is sick they won't really care what you do for 7 & 9 yr olds. They just want someone to keep their children safe. Perhaps mum is booked in for an operation / chemo and they have very little family support. Cost would be the only factor as they'll be losing income due to her sickness. If they don't call back you've not lost out. I think they will if they can afford though.

I'm inclined to agree, dont think a sick woman would come out just to waste your time !

Mouse
26-08-2010, 08:07 PM
To me it sounds as if they want some childcare (perhaps to give mum a break), but don't really understand how a cm works. Maybe they went into their discussion when they realised it didn't work as they thought it would, so wondered whether or not a cm was right for them?

I know when a friend of mine was having chemo she used a cm and a nanny. She was off work, so in theory wouldn't have needed childcare, but she really did need help with the children. And through the holidays, she felt bad that she couldn't do much with the children, so had the nanny come round to take them out.

I would just put it down to experience. If they don't get back in touch, it could just be because they need someone different to a cm.

bexcee
28-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Maybe they don't understand the difference between a cm and nanny.

Have you heard from them again? Sounds a bit strange but without knowing the family's personal circumstances it is wrong to jump to conclusions.

Playmate
28-08-2010, 09:02 PM
To me it sounds as if they want some childcare (perhaps to give mum a break), but don't really understand how a cm works. Maybe they went into their discussion when they realised it didn't work as they thought it would, so wondered whether or not a cm was right for them?

I know when a friend of mine was having chemo she used a cm and a nanny. She was off work, so in theory wouldn't have needed childcare, but she really did need help with the children. And through the holidays, she felt bad that she couldn't do much with the children, so had the nanny come round to take them out.

I would just put it down to experience. If they don't get back in touch, it could just be because they need someone different to a cm.

I totally agree with mouse. Not everyone fully understands our role and this is one of the reasons we invite people to visit.

Mollymop
29-08-2010, 10:52 AM
I have people in the past like this. They come, don't like the fees and then go and waste my time. They know what you charge in the first place, people like this make me mad.

I do spend a good 10 mins on the phone when I get an enquiry and tell them most things so that they can decide if they want to visit me or not - but that hasn't stopped a few coming and wasting 2 hours of my time:rolleyes: