PDA

View Full Version : Baby exploded!!

venus89
04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
My little mindee has had a bad reaction to her antibiotics, which has left her with diahorreah. Anyway, she had a bout and it really was pretty bad (we both had to change..... :eek: ). What I wondered is, should I record this in my accident/incident book?

Trouble
04-04-2008, 01:00 PM
i would send her home

my sickness policy stated that if your child has to have antibiotics and has never had them before they carnt come for 24 hours incase they have a reaction to them but thats me:thumbsup:

venus89
04-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I might have to add that in to mine!
Mum phoned up on Tues (before the reaction to antibiotics) and asked if it was still okay to bring her in and warned me about the diahorreah this morning. As I just have her today I accepted her - I think I ought to be a bit more wary from now on! Just not sure if I ought to document this?

Trouble
04-04-2008, 01:05 PM
i would

if its that bad id be taking her back to the doctors for a different one

i might be wrong but thats what i would do

add it in to your policy for next time

venus89
04-04-2008, 01:10 PM
She's off the antibiotics now - she ended up in hospital briefly on Tues night vomiting and diahorreah. This is just the antibiotics left in the system, poor lamb. Luckily she's sweet natured and once she was clean and had cuddles she cheered up.

Thanks for that, I'll make a record of it in the incident book.

ma7ie
04-04-2008, 01:11 PM
My policy states: A child may come back 48 hours (depending on the illness) after they have received the first dose of an antibiotic.
I don't want to look after sick children, although I don't mind coughs and colds if they can participate in a normal day. :D

venus89
04-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for that _ I think I may have t amend my sick child policy. It says not to come in if sickness or diahorreah in last 24 hours. And stick to it. The baby boy had a tummy upset on Weds because of teething, which seems fair enough really. But I supppose I shouldn't really have accepted the baby girl today. I think I'll remind Mum when she picks up later on.

Trouble
04-04-2008, 02:01 PM
ive looked at mine it also says 48 hours

jmoff
04-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Yes, 48 hours...

I dont think you need to jot it down in your incident book...?Or am I wrong here?

jana

miffy
04-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I also exclude for 48hours after the symptoms have ceased.

I think I would call mum and ask her to collect the child early

miffy xx