PDA

View Full Version : public liability insurance certificate

eviesnanny
26-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I have today received my starter pack from NCMA. There was no public liability insurance certificate with it. Do they post this out separately?

I have had a quick look at all the forms and it all looks a bit confusing. I shall devote tomorrow to get to grips with it. (and possibly the Bank Holiday weekend:yawning: )

I know you have to use the contracts to be covered by their legal insurance, but if you cant get on with the other forms can you make your own up?

christine e
26-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I would give them a call about the PL insurance certificate. You can use your own forms but personally i would use theirs.

Cx

eviesnanny
26-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Doesn't it become a bit expensive that way?

Do I have to contact NCMA to get my insurance certificate only when I have mindees? It makes sense if that's how it works. How did everyone else get their certificate?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

rickysmiths
26-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I would expect the Insurance Cert to come seperately from the kit as it is specfic to you and the kit is the same for everyone.

Do look at the paperwork I have used all but the Child Record Form for years with great success. They may seem expensive but they save such a lot of time. If you are a member and ever want to make a claim they will usually expect you to produce copies of the signed Attendace Register for the child concerned.

If you use the Register from the start and make it an expectation of you parents that it is signed each week they will except that as the norm. I have been doing this for nearly 18yrs now without a problem, there are some weeks when it gets forgotten so I catch up with signing. I always fill it in every day though with the exact times the mindees are with me. it is a good Safeguarding tool, especially with it signed by the parent as it is confirming that their child was only with you at these times if ever there was an issue. Also it can help if there is a dispute about payment and hours the mindee has been with you especially if parents are always a little late.

I find the Accounts book is a simple way to record Income and Expenditure each week and then it is all ready at the end of the year to fill in yoour tax return. Why re-invent the wheel and think of all the paper and printer ink you will use producing your own all the time?

The Accident and Medicine book is also excellent.

eviesnanny
27-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Thank you Rickysmiths. I think you've talked me into giving it a go:thumbsup:

I loved the inventing the wheel bit:laughing: