PDA

View Full Version : wording help please

mushpea
26-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Ok I am going to do a newsletter to all parents as 5 of the children i mind dont come in the holidays and want to remind them to bring spare clothes etc but I also want to remind parents that I dont open till 7.30am and so wont open the door before this time but I dont want it to sound like they can come before their contracted hours,,, I do have one that comes 7.30am instead of 8am his contracted hours but i let it go as he is picked up sometimes an hour early which i prefer but she has recently started comming before 7.30am and whilst i wont open the door it is an awkard 5mins,, i have spoke to her about it and she took no notice so how do i word the news letter to tell parent I wont open the door before 7.30am but dont want them to come before their contracted hours?

marnieb
26-08-2010, 02:06 PM
hmmm... tricky one. You could say that just like a shop/business you have opening hours and could parents respect that please?? On a side, have you talked to the mum and asked if she needs to revise the hours on your contract???? Until you really spell it out for them I've realised that some parents just don't get things sometimes!!!!!!

The Juggler
26-08-2010, 02:46 PM
I would just keep it lighthearted though I wouldn't let go a 7.30 drop off just because they pick up early hon. 730 is unsocial hours in my book if they want to drop at that time they would not only NOT get it for free but they'd be paying a premium - but then I 'm not a mornign person:blush:

"Just a reminder that should you need to drop your child earlier/pick them up later than their contracted times, please ensure you arrange this with me in advance as I may not be able to accommodate the additional hours or, in the mornings I may not be up/ready to answer the door!

Should you need any hours outside of your contract hours
please note that these will be chargeable by the half hour and hours before 0800 and after 1800 will be charged an my unsocial hours rate of £x/hour.

As we're coming back to school term in such lovely weather please remember to provide spare clothes as well as suitable clothing and footwear."