PDA

View Full Version : early parent

hollyoaksmad
26-08-2010, 11:55 AM
today parent didnt look at time and braught child 15 minutes early I dont mind but would you charge for this and im no good at maths

I charge £4.ph how much would this be ?

Thanx

Twinkles
26-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I charge for half hours , I won't split into 1/4 hours. But i have to say if this was a one off I wouldn't charge the extra.

pinky33
26-08-2010, 12:01 PM
IT would be £1, and yes we do charge as parents kept doing this and to be honest our time is precious and if a parent did this every day which one of ours does that's a hour a 15 min a week they would get for free, it's up to you though xx

Hazel

MissTinkerbell
26-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Depends if its a one off or not. Although if she knew she was going to be early then it would have been polite to ask you if this was OK first.

I had one parent who did this once - mum normally drops off but dad had to because mum was in earlier that particular day. Instead of being dropped off between 8am (contracted time) and 8.20 (usual time) he was dropped off at 7.45.

I let it go and it happened again. I put a note in my newsletter to say that if for whatever reason you needed to drop of earlier than contracted time in the future could they please discuss it with me before hand as it may not always be convenient and if turn up without asking then we may not be ready and the house not suitable to receive mindees.

I also mentioned if this was only occasionally I didn't mind and wouldn't charge as he usually arrives 15-30 minutes after contracted start time and is picked up 15 minutes before end of contracted pick up time. However if it was regular we might need to alter contracted hours.

mushpea
26-08-2010, 01:42 PM
defintaly charge!! I have a parent that is contracted from 8am but it has gradualy crept to 7.30am,, I dont charge extra as she picks up sometimes an hour earlyer and i prefer this so have let it go,, if she picked up on time then i would charge the xtra half hour,,,
mind you she has been comming at 7.25am the last couple of weeks but I dont start work till 7.30am so refuse to open the door any earlyer than this yet she still seems happy to come early and stand outside in all weathers till 7.30am I have even told her i wont open the door till 7.30am!

The Juggler
26-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I would just say, "I know you didn't realise this once, but should you need an earlier drop off, it's chargeable by the 1/2 hour at £x/hour if before a certain time"

sunflower
26-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I would just say, "I know you didn't realise this once, but should you need an earlier drop off, it's chargeable by the 1/2 hour at £x/hour if before a certain time"

this is what i would say :)

fluffysocks
26-08-2010, 03:27 PM
i charge for the full hour to try and put them off coming early!

pinky33
26-08-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm going to get tougher I think one parent turned up 10 min early today I was so embarassed still in pj's would be the one morning I'm not ready, they are coming earlier and earlier, and later and later 20 min late tonight. I don't want to change their hours I just want to start and finish on time, it really bugs my partner (co Childminder) any suggestions for me ahhhhhh

hollyoaksmad
26-08-2010, 06:19 PM
oh dear did u get changed while they were there bet that was awful but parents must understand that we have lives outside our hours xx

The Juggler
26-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm going to get tougher I think one parent turned up 10 min early today I was so embarassed still in pj's would be the one morning I'm not ready, they are coming earlier and earlier, and later and later 20 min late tonight. I don't want to change their hours I just want to start and finish on time, it really bugs my partner (co Childminder) any suggestions for me ahhhhhh

poor you. I would've text them from inside so they didnt see me in pj's. I would say look I cannot accommodate the hours you are bringing the children. The setting is open from xam to xpm only. Occasionally for the odd meeting/trip you will do it by prior arrangement but by prior arrangement only.

then make sure you let them know it's £10/hour for an non-arranged early drop offs and late pick ups!;)